With the new Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, you don’t need a powerful computer to experience brilliant visuals while gaming. Before starting, however, you need to pair your phone with your VR headset for better access.
How can you pair Oculus Quest 2 VR with your phone? Initially, you will have to pair your Oculus Quest 2 VR to your phone with a fresh start. You will need a phone that has iOS 10 or higher or Android 5.0. Install the Oculus app and pair your headset to the phone via Bluetooth.
This process is very simple. You will also need a Facebook ID to log in to the app. Let’s see the steps below.
How To Pair Oculus Quest 2 to Phone
Here’s how you can pair Oculus Quest 2 to your phone.
Setting Up Your Account in the Oculus App
Download the Oculus app from the Apple Store or the Google Play store. After installing the app, sign in using your Facebook account or create a new account. Follow the steps below to create a VR profile.
- Click “Continue” on the profile page and edit your username.
- Add a profile picture if you wish, and click “Continue” when done.
- Now adjust the privacy settings as desired; the first option lets you configure who can see your Oculus activity. The second lets you pick who can see your Facebook name on Oculus.
- Click “Continue” once you have set your privacy preferences.
- Next, you can choose interests categories according to your liking. They advertise Oculus games to you based on this.
- Choose your interests categories and click “Continue” or tap “Skip.”
No user activity is shared with Facebook. If you have created an Oculus profile with a pseudonym, the privacy settings let others see your name as shown on Facebook.
Pairing Your Quest 2 Headset With the Oculus App
Once your VR profile is created, continue to choose the VR headset you want to connect to. First, connect the phone and headset to the same network. Also, make sure to enable your Bluetooth and switch on your headset.
- After the profile is set up, the app will automatically ask you to choose the VR headset.
- Choose the “Oculus 2 Headset” option.
- The app tries to identify and pair with the VR headset automatically.
- If it doesn’t happen automatically, get the pairing code with the headset.
- For this, switch on the headset and see a five-digit code on display.
- Type in the code in your app and finish the pairing process.
- Select “Close” to complete the process.
You can easily pair your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset with your iPhone or Android smartphone. All you need is Bluetooth and a Facebook ID. Also, both devices must be on the same network. Once the profile is created on the Oculus app, you can pair the VR headset to your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can do this using the cable link. Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset and select it on the PC. Connect the PC to the headset using the cable. In the Oculus app on the PC, choose “Oculus VR Headset” and then “Add” the headset.
If you are stuck while pairing your VR headset with your phone, try rebooting your headset. Once rebooted, you can continue setting up your headset. To reboot your headset, press down the power button until the headset prompts you with the shut-down screen. This button will be on the right side of the headset.
You can easily connect your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your TV by pressing the button on the right-hand controller to show the home screen. Point and click on the “Share” button. Once the sharing window pops up, select “Cast.” Now, in the cast from this headset window, choose your Chrome-cast enabled device.