Is the Mail app on your iPad taking up a lot of storage due to emails with large attachments? Luckily, you can solve his problem by permanently deleting these messages.
To permanently delete emails from an iPad, open the Mail app and choose “Inbox”. Highlight the email you want to delete, swipe left, and tap the trash can icon. Tap “Back” to go to “Mailboxes”, navigate to “Bin”, tap “Edit”, and choose the email you want to delete permanently. Select “Delete” to confirm your decision.
To make things easy for you, we took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on permanently deleting emails from an iPad. We will also discuss recovering a deleted email and adding a new email account on your iOS device.
Permanently Deleting Emails From an iPad
If you’re struggling with how to permanently delete emails from an iPad, our following 3 step-by-step methods will help you go through the process effortlessly.
Method #1: Deleting a Single Email
To permanently delete a single email from your iPad, follow these steps.
- Open the Mail app.
- Under “Mailboxes”, select an inbox.
- Highlight the email you want to delete and swipe left to access options.
- Tap the trash can icon to send your mail to the bin.
- Tap “Back” to go to “Mailboxes” and navigate to “Bin”.
- Select “Edit”, tap the mail you want to delete permanently, and choose “Delete” to confirm your decision.
You can also delete an email by tapping on the email and selecting the trash can icon on the mail screen.
Method #2: Deleting Multiple Emails
It is possible to permanently delete multiple emails on an iPad with these steps.
- Open Mail.
- Under “Mailboxes”, select an Inbox, and tap “Edit”.
- Mark the emails you want to delete and tap the “Move” button once activated.
- Select “Bin” to delete multiple emails.
- Tap “Back” on the top left corner and navigate to “Bin”.
- Tap “Edit”, choose “Select All” from the top left corner, and tap “Delete”.
- Tap “Delete All” to permanently delete multiple emails from your iPad.
In step 3, you can also tap “Trash” or “Archive” instead of tapping the “Move” button and proceed to the next steps.
Method #3: Deleting All Emails
Do the steps below if you want to remove all the emails in a specific inbox on your iPad.
- Open Mail.
- Tap “Mailboxes” and select an Inbox.
- Tap “Edit” on the top right corner and choose “Select All”.
- Select “Move” and choose “Bin” to empty your inbox.
- Tap “Back” to go to “Mailboxes”, open “Bin”, and tap “Edit”.
- Choose “Select All” and tap “Delete” to permanently remove your emails.
Recovering a Deleted Email
If, by accident, you have deleted an important email from your iPad, use the following steps to recover it quickly.
- Open the Mail app.
- Tap “Trash” under “Mailboxes”.
- Tap “Edit” and select the email you want to recover.
- Tap “Move” and choose the mailbox to restore your email.
Adding a New Email Account on Your iPad
If you want to add your emails in one place, you can do so in your iPad’s default Mail app with the following steps.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Passwords and Accounts”.
- Tap “Add Account”.
- Choose the email platform you want access to from the options.
- Log in with your credentials to access emails on your iPad.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to permanently delete emails on an iPad using multiple methods. We’ve also discussed recovering a deleted email and adding new email accounts on your iPad.
Hopefully, your question has been answered in this article, and you can now clean up your inbox without fretting over how long it will take!
Frequently Asked Questions
If deleted emails reappear, you might face issues with your inbox. To resolve this error, move important emails out of your inbox and into another folder. Now, erase your inbox to remove any malware that could be messing it up.
That depends on where your email is stored. For instance, if the email you deleted was stored directly on the device, it will only be removed from the device itself. However, if the mail is stored on the mail server, it will be removed from all devices sharing the same account.
If you have Apple Mail on your device, you do not need any other email applications. However, there is an option to add multiple email accounts to access them from one place. To enable this option, go to “Settings”, choose “Passwords and Accounts”, and tap “Add Account”.