Apple’s goal is to make using their devices, such as the iPhone, a lot easier in your day-to-day routine. This is why the iOS 14 has a unique feature that enables you to pin conversations on your iPhone. Thanks to this feature, it’s a lot easier to text using the iMessage app. Therefore, you can direct your attention to the messages you want.
With Apple prioritizing user experience, they’ve made it easy for you to pin text on your iPhone. This is why the steps to follow are fairly straightforward, and here’s a look at the three methods to follow.
• Click the yellow pin icon on the left side of the text message.
• Long press the text message you wish to pin.
• Tap the yellow pin icon located on the conversation’s right side.
Here are the different approaches you can follow to pin text on your iPhone’s iMessage app. If you wish to get a detailed explanation of how to pin a text on your iPhone, look no further. This guide will highlight the steps to follow when pinning conversations on your iPhone. In addition, this article will highlight a few frequently asked questions relating to text conversations on the iPhone. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Method #1: Edit To Pin Conversations on Your iPhone
If your iPhone runs on iOS 14 or newer, you can access the feature that allows you to pin message conversations in what’s referred to as a thread on the upper part of the iMessage app. Here are the steps to pin conversations on your iPhone in this method.
- Open the iMessage app on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the top left corner of your iPhone screen and click on “Edit”.
- Tap on “Edit Pins” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the right of the text conversation you wish to pin and click on the yellow pin icon. You can choose several conversations to pin them all at once.
- Tap the option “Done” after choosing all the threads you wish to pin.
- All the chosen text conversations will appear on the upper part of the iPhone messages app and the rest below the pinned texts.
You can unpin a pinned conversation, and after doing this, it doesn’t disappear but instead return to its earlier chronological position in the iMessage app.
Method #2: Long Press the Conversation To Pin
If you want to pin text on your iPhone quickly, there’s another approach you can follow with much simpler steps to follow.
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Long press on the message you wish to pin until you see a pop-up screen.
- Click the “Pin (name)” option.
- The chosen pinned text conversation will appear in the upper section of the iMessage app.
Method #3: Swipe To Pin a Text Message on Your iPhone
The last method you to follow when pinning text messages on your iPhone entails clicking the yellow icon on a conversation’s right side. Below are the steps to follow.
- Open the iMessage app on your iOS device.
- Scroll through the text conversations and swipe right on the text you want to pin on your iPhone’s upper part.
- Tap on the yellow pin icon positioned on the conversation’s left side.
Apple’s iOS 14 came with many exciting features, including the option to pin text on your iPhone. These pinned conversations will appear at the top of the iMessage app to make it easier for you to access whatever message you want. This saves you the trouble of needing to scroll through the messaging app looking for a specific message.
This article has elaborated better on the different ways and steps to follow when pinning message conversations on your iPhone. With valuable insights on pinning texts on your iPhone, you’ll be able to do this effortlessly without breaking a sweat. And in the future, you’ll have a much simpler time finding conversations on your iMessage app.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can hide conversations on your iPhone and disable the iOS message notifications when your smartphone is locked. Achieving this is simple, and here are steps to follow when doing this.
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Go to “Notifications”.
3. Click on “Messages”; then tap the “Lock Screen” option.
If you wish to see new text appear on your lock screen, but the contents of your messages are concealed, follow these steps.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click on “Notifications”.
3. Tap on “Messages”; then click “Show Previews”.
The steps to follow when deleting conversations on your iPhone are pretty simple, and here’s a look at what to do.
1. Click and hold the message you want to delete.
2. Click “Delete All” to delete the entire conversation or tap “More”> “Trash Can”> “Delete Message”.
You can also delete a text conversation by swiping to the right and clicking “Trash Can”> “Delete”.