Do you get a lot of messages on your WhatsApp, which causes an issue when locating an older and more important conversation? Luckily, you can pin a few chats to make them show on top of your WhatsApp chat list on your iPhone.
To pin a WhatsApp chat on your iPhone, tap the “Chats” tab at the bottom. Then, locate the chat you want to pin, swipe right on it until you see the pin icon, and tap it to show the conversation on top of the chat list.
To simplify the task for you, we have compiled a comprehensive step-by-side guide on how to pin WhatsApp chat on your iPhone. We will discuss the reasons for pinning a chat and also guide you on adding a WhatsApp icon for a specific contact on the iPhone Home screen.
Reasons To Pin WhatsApp Chats on Your iPhone
Below are some reasons you want to pin WhatsApp chat on your iPhone.
- To prioritize conversations; pinned chats appear on the top.
- To quickly access the chat.
- To keep irrelevant and spam messages below so you don’t see them often.
How To Pin WhatsApp Chats on Your iPhone
If you are wondering how to pin WhatsApp chat on your iPhone, our following step-by-step method will help you get this done without much hassle.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Select the “Chats” tab at the bottom.
- Find the chat you want to pin and swipe right on it until you see the pin icon.
- Tap the pin icon to pin the WhatsApp chat on top of other conversations on your iPhone.
Do not swipe the chat all the way to the right, as this will mark the selected conversation as read or unread. Another important thing to note here is that you can pin up to 3 chats to show them on top of your chat lists.
Adding the WhatsApp Chat Icon to Your Home Screen
If you want to chat directly with a specific WhatsApp contact from your iPhone’s Home screen, follow our 2 step-by-step methods to do this task.
Method #1: Using the Shortcuts App
With these steps, you can add the WhatsApp chat icon to your device’s Home screen using the Shortcuts app.
- Install and launch the Apple Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “My Shortcuts” tab and tap the “+” icon.
- Name your shortcut in the “Shortcut Name” option and select “Add action”.
- Head to the “Apps” tab, find and tap “WhatsApp”, and select the “Send Messages via WhatsApp” option.
- Tap the “+” icon next to “Recipient” and choose the contact for the shortcut.
Tap the three blue horizontal bars at the top-right, tap “Add to Home Screen”, tap “Add” to confirm your action, and add the WhatsApp chat icon to the iPhone Home screen. Now, you can directly chat with a particular contact.
You can change the appearance of the chat icon by tapping it on the pop-up window and selecting the one you like.
Method #2: Using the “Today View”
You can use the “Today View” option to add a WhatsApp chat icon to your iPhone’s Home screen and access it quickly in the following way.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Select a chat, swipe right on it, and tap the pin icon to pin it.
- Press the “Home” button on your iPhone model to reach the Home screen. If your iPhone is of a newer model and lacks a “Home” button, you need to swipe up to get to the Home screen.
- Swipe right on the Home screen to reach the “Today View” page.
- Scroll down, tap “Edit”, and choose “Customize”.
- On the “Widget” screen, tap the “+” icon next to WhatsApp and select “Done”.
Launch “Today View” again, open the WhatsApp chat icon as a widget at the bottom, and tap the pinned chat to start communicating directly.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to pin WhatsApp chat on iPhone. We’ve also discussed a few methods for adding a WhatsApp chat icon to the iPhone Home screen so that you can directly chat with a contact.
Hopefully, this article has helped you show your important WhatsApp chats on top of the chat list for easier access.
Frequently Asked Questions
To unpin a WhatsApp chat on your iPhone, swipe right on the pinned conversation and tap the unpin icon.
You can pin only three contacts’ conversations and get them to show at the top of your WhatsApp chat list.
When you mute a contact on WhatsApp, the muted person can still send you texts and see your profile picture, status, and last seen. However, your device won’t get any sound or vibration notifications.