Kodi is a popular media player that allows you to stream movies, TV shows, music, and more on your device from the internet. But what if you want to get it on your Vizio Smart TV? Luckily, this process is not as complicated as you may think.
If you want to put Kodi on your Vizio Smart TV, plug an Android TV box into your TV and connect it to the internet. Use the remote to access the main menu. Select “Apps” and head to the Google Play Store. Search the Kodi app and select the “Install” option.
This article will discuss putting Kodi on Vizio Smart TV with simple step-by-step instructions.
Putting Kodi on Vizio Smart TV
If you don’t know how to put Kodi on Vizio Smart TV, our 2 easy step-by-step methods will help you get this done without wasting time.
Method #1: Using a Streaming Device
Vizio Smart TV does not come with any built-in option to install Kodi. However, you can use an Android TV box or a Fire Stick with Google Play installed to stream Kodi’s content.
If you are using 0an Android TV box, plug it into your TV, connect it to the internet, and do these steps.
- Use the Android TV box device to access the Main Menu.
- Select the “Apps” option and go to Google Play Store.
- Browse through the apps or use the search box to find the Kodi app.
- Select the Kodi app, choose the “Install” option, and start using it on your Vizio Smart TV.
You can also use Downloader to install the Kodi app on your Vizio Smart TV. Moreover, you will have to enable downloading apps from an unknown source on your TV. For this, open Settings > “Security & Restrictions”. and toggle the button next to “Unknown Sources”.
If you are using the Amazon Fire Stick, plug it into your Vizio Smart TV, connect it to the internet and do the following steps.
- Navigate to the home screen using the home button or the Voice feature on the Fire Stick remote.
- Select “Settings”.
- Under “Applications”, find Google Play Store and open it.
- Search for the Kodi app.
- Select the app and choose the “Get/Download” option to install it.
- Open the Kodi app and enjoy watching its content on your Vizio Smart TV.
You can also use a USB thumb drive to install the APK file of the Kodi app on your Vizio Smart TV.
Method #2: Using the Mirroring Method
If you do not have any streaming device, you can mirror Kodi on your Vizio Smart TV using the SmartCast application on your Android device in the following way.
- Ensure your Vizio TV and Android device are connected to the same internet connection.
- Download the Vizio SmartCast app on your device and open it.
- Sign in using your account, or sign up for a new one.
- Tap the “Toolbar” icon on the top-left side of the screen.
- Select the “Set up your device” option and choose your “Vizio Smart TV” from the list.
- Tap “Start” and enter the four-digit code displayed on your TV.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to finish the setup process successfully.
- Install the Kodi app using Google Play Store on your device.
- Open the app and display it on your Vizio Smart TV.
SmartCast is a Vizio OS that helps screen mirror your Android or Apple device by using the Vizio Smart TV built-in Chromecast or AirPlay features. Moreover, you can also use its app to turn your device into a remote to control your TV.
This article discusses using two simple methods to put Kodi on Vizio Smart TV. We took a step-by-step approach to guide you through the process and help you complete this task without effort.
Hopefully, the methods discussed above helped you get the Kodi app on your Vizio Smart TV, and now you can enjoy your favorite content without any issues on the big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can download Google Chrome on Vizio TV using the Android TV box. To do this, plug the Android streaming device into your TV, and make sure it is connected to the internet. Go to the Main Menu and open “Apps”.
Head to Google Play Store and search for Google Chrome using the search bar. Select “Install” and start using Chrome on your Vizio TV.
Yes, Vizio Smart TV comes with a built-in Chromecast to allow you to cast apps on your TV.