One aspect we can’t do without on our iPhones is listening to the music of our favorite artists. With an iPhone, there are several ways to put music on it. However, some of the methods require a large size of internet data. Hence, it is advisable to use WIFI in such situations.
To put music on an iPhone, you will need to search for your favorite artist or song using the iPhone music app or third-party app such as the Document app. Alternatively, you can also transfer or synchronize music already available on another device or account to your iPhone. You will need the iPhone iTunes, or an external app like Dropbox, to synchronize your music files to your iPhone.
This article contains a detailed guide to show you how to use these methods to put music on an iPhone step-by-step.
How To Put Music on an iPhone
You can put music on your iPhone by using Apple Music or iTunes. You can also put music on an iPhone using third-party apps such as Dropbox or other Streaming apps like Spotify.
The following are the methods currently available to put music on your iPhone.
Method #1: Use of Apple Music
Apple Music is the original music app of the Apple brand. It allows you to stream over 90 million songs of different artists worldwide.
With Apple music, you can stream music on the go or download the track to make it available offline.
Here are the following steps to add songs to your iPhone using Apple Music:
- First, you will have to subscribe to the Apple Music service on Apple’s website.
- Then on the lower right bottom of your iPhone screen, click the “Search” icon to browse the song you want to add to your phone.
- Next to the song, you see the “+” button. Click on the “+” button to add the song to your music library. Alternatively, if you want to add the entire album songs, you should click on the “+ADD” button. This button is located next to the album cover on your screen.
- After clicking either of the “add” options available, you will have the opportunity to save it offline. Click on the “iCloud” icon next to the music track to keep it offline. Alternatively, you can also click on the “iCloud” icon next to the album cover to save the entire tracks in the album.
Method #2: Use of iTunes
iTunes allows you to synchronize your music on your computer with your iPhone. Synchronization is possible when you connect your iPhone to your computer.
To put music to your iPhone using iTunes, you should:
- Open “iTunes” on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and click the “Device” option at the top left of the screen. A device bar will open on your left, showing you the category of media files on your phone.
- Select “Music” from the list.
- Next, tick the “Synchronize” box.
- Choose the number of music you want to synchronize. There are two options available. One is the entire music library that synchronizes all music tracks on your phone. The other is the selected playlist, artists, albums, and genres that synchronize music based on your selections.
Method #3: Use of Document App
Another way to put music on your iPhone is to download the song online using the Document app. The Document app has an inbuilt web browser that enables you to search online for the music you are looking for and download it to your phone.
To download music with the document app, you should follow this step-by-step process:
- Go to the “Apple Store” and search for the Document app.
- Click on the “Install” button to let the app download on your phone.
- Once the installation is over, open the app, and click on the Browser icon. The browser icon is located in the bottom right corner.
- Type in or copy and paste a music download URL.
- On the music download website, search for the song you want and click the “Download” button. The music will download and get saved on your iPhone.
Not all music will be available to download for free. Hence, you may need to use streaming platforms that require paid subscriptions.
Method #4: Use of Streaming App
Another tool for playing music on your iPhone is streaming apps. On the Apple Store, you can download popular music streaming platforms such as Spotify, AudioMack, SoundCloud, LastFM, and Boomplay Music.
To use streaming apps to listen to music on your iPhone, you should:
- Go to the Apple Store and search for any streaming app of your choice. Examples of streaming apps to search for are Spotify, AudioMack, SoundCloud, LastFM, and Boomplay Music.
- To download the app, tap on the “Get” button and input your Apple ID password or Touch ID.
- Click the “Open” button and sign into the streaming app. If you don’t have an account before now, you will need to sign up on the streaming platform.
- Once signed in, search for the names of your favorite songs or artists to start listening to music for free.
When using streaming devices, you will consume many internet data. Hence, it is recommended you use wifi when streaming many songs.
Some of these streaming devices, such as SoundCloud, and Spotify, require a paid subscription to remove some limitations. However, Audiomack is completely free.
Method #5: Use of Dropbox
Just like android, iPhone is also Dropbox enabled. Dropbox lets you have your files intact on different devices. And as long as you are signed in to your Dropbox account, you will access all your files.
Here are the steps to put music from your computer to your iPhone using Dropbox:
- On your computer, sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Click on the “Upload” button.
- Select your “Music Files or Folder.” Selecting Files allows you to upload individual files. On the other hand, the Folder will enable you to upload the entire files in the folder.
- Once selected, click on “Upload.” Your music files or folder will now be uploaded into your Dropbox account from your PC.
- On your iPhone, sign in to your Dropbox account.
- On the top left corner, click on the “Menu” bar and select “All Files.” This action brings out the list of all files shared to your Dropbox account.
- Select the “Music File” or “Music Folder” you shared, and click on the meatball symbol (•••).
- A list of options appears. You can choose to download the music file on your iPhone. Alternatively, you can open the file via dropbox while streaming directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can get music on your iPhone without iTunes in 3 ways:
1) Directly download music on your iPhone using Apple Music.
2) Download and save music on your iPhone music folder using third-party apps like Audiomack.
3) Lastly, you can transfer from your PC or synchronize your music from another account, such as Dropbox, to your iPhone.
Yes, you can download music directly to your iPhone using Apple Music. To do this, click the “+” button next to the music track or Album.