Do you want to transfer videos from your computer to your iPhone?
You might have already found out that you can’t pull the Android trick of connecting your iPhone to the computer and dragging the files to the phone’s storage. Transferring captured or downloaded videos from your Windows PC or Mac to your iPhone is not so obvious, but it becomes easy to get the hang of it.
So how do you put videos on your iPhone?
You can use four ways to put videos on your iPhone: iTunes, Cloud Storage platforms, Airdrop (for Macs), and a third-party app like VLC for mobile.
To put videos on your iPhone using iTunes, open iTunes on your computer > Log in to your account > click “Library” > tap on the down arrow icon on the left > select “Movies” > click “File” > “Add File to Library” > select the videos > tap “Open” > click on “Home Videos”.
After you’ve added the videos you want to transfer to your iPhone to the iTunes library, connect your iPhone to the computer using the lightning cable > tap on the iPhone icon on the left panel > “Movies” > Select the “Sync Movies” checkbox > select the video files > tap “Apply” > click “Done”.
We prepared this article to show you how to put videos on your iPhone.
Method #1: Using iTunes
Apple’s iTunes is the company’s official app for streaming, playing, and sharing music, movies, videos, etc., on a Mac. But did you know it is also the company’s recommended app for adding videos to your iPhone or iPad besides iCloud?
Using iTunes to put videos on your iPhone might feel overwhelmingly long for most people, but it serves the purpose. Fair enough, right? Here’s how to add videos to your iPhone using iTunes:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Log in to your Apple Account.
- Click on “Library”.
- Navigate to the panel on the left and tap the up-down arrow.
- Select “Movies” on the drop-down menu.
- Tap “File” on the far left corner.
- Click “Add File to Library”.
- Browse and select the videos you want to transfer to your iPhone.
- Tap “Open”.
- Click “Home Videos”.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the lightning cable.
- Tap on the iPhone icon on the left panel.
- Select “Movies”.
- Tick the “Sync Movies” box.
- Click “Automatically include All” or select the videos you want to send manually.
- Tap “Apply”.
- Click “Done” when the copying process is complete. You will find the added videos on your iPhone.
Method #2: Using Cloud Storage Platforms
You can put videos on your iPhone using various cloud storage platforms such as iCloud, One Drive, Google Drive, and Dropbox. The process is the same in the different platforms, where you upload the video to the cloud, then log in to the cloud storage with your iPhone and download the video.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the cloud storage platform.
- Log in to your account.
- Upload the particular videos to the cloud.
- Open the cloud storage app on your iPhone.
- Log in to your account.
- Locate the particular videos and download them to your iPhone.
Method #3: Using AirDrop
If you want to transfer videos from your Mac (sorry, Windows users) to your iPhone, you can use AirDrop, a file-sharing service between Apple devices. Here is how to put videos on your iPhone using AirDrop:
- Click “Go” on your Mac home screen.
- Scroll down the drop-down menu and tap “AirDrop”.
- On the AirDrop window, select “Turn on Bluetooth”.
- Click on “Allow To Be Discovered By Everyone”.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select “General”.
- Tap “AirDrop” and select “Everyone”.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone. You should see your iPhone appear on the AirDrop window on the Mac.
- Select, drag, and drop the videos from the Mac to the iPhone icon on the computer’s AirDrop window.
- Click the “Accept” prompt on your iPhone.
Method #4: Using a Third-Party App
One of the easiest ways to put videos on your iPhone is using third-party apps like VLC for Mobile. Follow these steps to add videos to your iPhone using VLC for Mobile:
- Download the VLC for Mobile app.
- Launch the app.
- Tap the VLC cone on the left to reveal settings.
- Turn on the “Sharing Via Wi-Fi” toggle and note down the provided link.
- Open your web browser on your computer and type the link you obtained from the VLC media player app.
- Click “Enter” to search for the provided web address.
- A VLC media player page appears with the option to “Drop” or “Download” files.
- Select and drag the videos from your computer and drop them in the “Drop Files” section.
- Alternatively, press the plus icon on the top right corner and add the videos manually.
To add videos to your iPhone using the VLC for Mobile app, your iPhone and computer need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You can put videos on your iPhone in several ways: using iTunes, cloud storage platforms such as iCloud and Google Drive, and third-party apps. Mac users can also use the AirDrop file transfer service to transfer videos from the computer to the iPhone.