If you love music, you might want to record your favorite song on your device and listen to it later. Fortunately, you can do this on your iPhone and edit the audio in real-time very easily.
To record a song on iPhone, open the Voice Memos app and tap the red circle at the bottom. When you want to stop the recording, tap the red square to stop the recording. You can also use the Screen Recording and the Camera app to record songs o your iPhone.
We have put together a comprehensive guide for recording a song on your iPhone—using Voice Memos, Camera, Screen Recording, and some third-party apps with easy-to-follow instructions.
Recording a Song on iPhone
If you are wondering how to record a song on your iPhone, our 5 step-by-step methods will assist you in performing this task without much effort.
Method #1: Using Voice Memos
Voice Memos is a built-in iPhone app you can use to record in the following way.
- Launch the Voice Memos app from the “Utilities” folder.
- Tap the red circle at the bottom to start recording.
- When done with recording, tap the red square to stop recording.
If you have enabled Voice Memos in iCloud preferences, your recordings will be saved in iCloud and show up on all your devices synced with your same Apple ID.
Method #2: Using Screen Recording
If you want to record a song on your iPhone, you can do this using the Screen Recording option with these steps.
- Tap Settings and select “Control Center”.
- Tap “Customize Controls”.
- Tap the plus (+) icon before the “Screen Recording” option to enable it.
- Head back to the home screen and play the music.
- Swipe up on the home screen to open the menu bar and tap the “Screen Recording” icon that looks like a big dot inside a circle.
You can find the songs recorded through the Screen Recording app in the Camera app.
Tap the red recording icon on the menu bar to stop the recording.
Method #3: Using the Camera App
If you own an iPhone XS or above model, you can use its Camera app to record a song with these steps.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone and remain in the Photo section.
- Turn on the music in the background.
- Hold down the white icon, usually used for taking a picture, and the recording will start.
- Tap the red square at the bottom to stop the recording.
You can now either keep holding the white icon or drag it to the right and lock it to start recording.
Method #4: Using GarageBand App
GarageBand is an excellent app for recording songs on your iPhone.
- Install and open the GarageBand app on your iPhone.
- Tap the plus (+) icon to create a new song.
- Go to the “Sound Browser” and choose the “Audio Recorder” icon.
- Select the “Record” icon from the top control bar and play your music in the background.
- After recording the song, tap the “Record” button again.
You can also use the GarageBand app to record a song while utilizing the built-in musical instruments.
Method #5: Using Spire App
Spire app is another third-party app to record songs on your iPhone.
- Install and launch the Spire app on your iPhone.
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the center and select the red circle to start recording.
- Tap the red square to stop recording the song.
Switch to “Edit” and “Mix” to play with the setting to enhance the recorded song audio quality.
Follow these steps to save the recorded song on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Share” icon at the top-right corner.
- Tap “Export” and choose “Export M4A” from the options.
- Choose “Save to Files” from the pop-up menu and select a location.
Your recorded song will successfully export to the chosen location on your iPhone.
In this guide, we have explored multiple apps you can use to record a song on your iPhone using built-in apps, such as Voice Memos, Screen Recording, and Camera app. We’ve also discussed using a few third-party apps to record songs on your device.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now easily record your favorite music and make necessary edits if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Despite its fantastic features, the GarageBand app is free for all iOS and macOS users. Although a premium version of this application is also available for a paid subscription, you will get almost all the fantastic features you need, even in the free version.