In terms of quality, there aren’t many devices that can rival the iPhone’s state-of-the-art audio and video recording technology. And when you have world-class technology at your disposal, it is not unusual to constantly want to put it to good use by making an audio or video recording of yourself doing something interesting.
To make an audio recording on your iPhone, launch the Voice Memos app and tap the big red circular button at the bottom of the screen to start recording. Press the “Stop” button when you’re done. To make a video recording, open the iPhone camera and switch to video mode. Tap the “Record” button to start recording. When you’re done, tap the same button to stop.
Whether you’re interested in making podcasts or want to record yourself singing in the bathroom, your iPhone can do a decent job. We’ll explain how you can make audio recordings with your iPhone. In addition, we will also explain how you can use the iPhone’s high-quality camera to record a video of yourself.
How To Make an Audio Recording of Yourself on iPhone
Your iPhone has a built-in app called Voice Memos for recording and editing audio recordings. The Voice Memos app is a high-quality voice recording tool that you can utilize to record personal voice notes, lectures, conversations, ideas, songs, interviews, etc.
Follow the steps below to make an audio recording of yourself on your iPhone.
- Locate and open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone. It is usually inside the “Utilities” folder. You may also type “Voice Memos” in the search box of your home screen.
- Place the microphone close to your lips and make sure your phone is not too far away from you. Make sure that there is no noise or interference so your iPhone can record your voice clearly.
- Tap the red circular button at the bottom of the screen to start recording your voice.
- Tap the “Pause” button to pause the recording and the “Play” button to resume recording. Tap the “Stop” button when you’re done recording.
Your recording is saved on your iPhone as “New Recording,” a random number, or the name of your current location if you have location services turned on.
To listen to your recording, tap the recording and press play. If you want to rename the recording to make it easier for you to identify it later, tap the name of the recording and type the name you want to replace it with. Tap Enter to change the name.
After recording, you can share it from voice memos to your friends on social media. You can also delete the recording if it doesn’t sound good enough.
How To Make a Video Recording of Yourself on iPhone
Every iPhone user wants to utilize the phone’s high-quality camera to record videos. Suppose you wish to produce video tutorials on YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook, or you even want to record yourself making a speech. In that case, your iPhone can do a perfect job of recording your video.
With every new iPhone version, Apple ensures camera quality improvement. You can make a decent video with any iPhone, but the latest ones make the best videos because of their advanced camera.
The amount of time you can use to record a video depends on the free storage space on your iPhone. Before recording, ensure your iPhone has enough storage space. High-quality videos with high resolutions usually take a lot of space, and the more time you spend recording, the heavier the video size.
To record a video of yourself on your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Switch to video mode.
- Tap the red circular button to begin recording. Alternatively, you can press either volume button.
- You can do several things while recording the video. Tap the white shutter button to take a still picture. You can zoom in or out by pinching the screen to get wider or narrower coverage. You can also change modes to take cinematic, time-lapse, and slow-motion videos.
- When you’re done recording, press the record button or any of the volume buttons to stop recording the video.
As soon as you stop recording, the recording is saved on your phone. You can share the video among friends using the share button and rename the video to make it more recognizable. Your iPhone’s camera app does an excellent job, but you can download a premium third-party video recording app from the App Store for a professional video.
Your iPhone has everything you need to produce high-quality audio and video recordings. You can record yourself giving lectures, dancing, acting scenes in a drama, sharing helpful tips, thoughtful conversations, or even singing in the bathroom. When you have an iPhone, the sky is the limit.