Have you accidentally deleted Origin on your Mac and can’t play your favorite games anymore? Fortunately, you can reinstall it pretty quickly.
To reinstall Origin on your Mac, uninstall it, and download the latest version from the Origin website. Open the file and drag the Origin icon to the “Applications” folder icon. Open Finder, launch the Origin app, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
To help you with this task, we have written a comprehensive guide on reinstalling Origin on your Mac with simple and easy-to-follow instructions. We will also discuss a few ways to fix the issue of the Origin app not working on Mac.
Reinstalling Origin on Mac
If you don’t know how to reinstall Origin on your Mac, our step-by-step method will help you accomplish this task effortlessly.
Step #1: Uninstalling Origin From Mac
First, you need to uninstall Origin from your Mac in the following way.
- Open Finder.
- Click “Applications”.
- Drag the Origin app to the Trash on the Dock.
- Right-click the Trash and select “Empty Trash” to uninstall Origin from your Mac.
Step #2: Reinstalling Origin on Mac
Now that you have uninstalled Origin from Mac, do these steps to reinstall it.
- Launch any web browser and head to the Origin website.
- Click “Download” in the left pane, next to the “About” button.
- Select “Download for Mac”.
- Choose the path and click “Save”.
- Once downloaded, open the file and drag the Origin icon to the “Applications” folder icon in the new window.
- Open Finder, then locate and launch the Origin app.
Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the app setup. You might be asked to enter your Mac’s password to give permission to download some tools needed to help run the Origin app.
Is the Origin App Not Working on Mac?
If you are facing issues using the Origin app on your Mac after reinstalling it, try the following troubleshooting methods.
Method #1: Checking the Wi-Fi Connection
If the Origin app is not working correctly on your Mac, verify that your internet speed is unsatisfactory, and then try to reboot your Wi-Fi router using these steps.
- Unplug your router and then the modem from the power outlet.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds.
- Plug the modem and then the router back into the power outlet.
Wait for all the LED lights to turn on before reconnecting your Mac to the Wi-Fi, and try using Origin again.
Method #2: Running the Disk Utility
To resolve the issue of the reinstalled Origin app not working on your Mac, try running the Disk Utility.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Choose “Restart”.
- Press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo.
- Choose “Disk Utility” in the “Recovery” window and click “Continue”.
- Choose your hard drive and click “First Aid”.
- Click “Run” to automatically detect and fix the issue.
Once the process is complete, your Mac will automatically restart, and the issues with the Origin app will be fixed.
Method #3: Flushing the DNS Cache
Another way to fix the Origin app is to flush the DNS cache on your Mac using these steps.
- Open Spotlight search.
- Search for “Terminal”.
- Double-click “Terminal” from the list to launch it.
- Enter the command
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder.
- Enter your Mac’s password to delete the DNS cache.
The terminal command might differ based on your Mac’s version.
Try using the Origin app on your Mac again to see if the issue has been resolved!
Method #4: Resetting the NVRAM
If the Origin app is malfunctioning, try to reset the NVRAM on your Mac using these steps.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Click “Shut Down”.
- Turn your Mac on again and press and hold the Option + Command + P + R keys immediately.
- Wait about 20 seconds to release the keys and let your Mac restart.
You might hear the restart chime or see the Apple logo a few times during the waiting time.
In this guide, we have discussed how to reinstall Origin on your Mac. We have also discussed a few troubleshooting methods to fix the issue of the Origin app not working on your device.
Hopefully, your query has been resolved, and you can install and play your favorite Origin games on your Mac again!