DoorDash is a popular food delivery platform you can use when ordering food delivered from your favorite restaurant. This platform provides several payment methods to deliver your orders, making the checkout process easy, smooth, and efficient. One such payment method is using a credit card you can remove when you wish.
Removing your credit card from the DoorDash app on your iOS or Android device can be confusing because certain features are usually well hidden. Here’s a look at the steps you should follow.
1. Launch the DoorDash app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Go to the Home screen and click on the “Account” tab.
3. Select “Payment Methods”.
4. Swipe left on the credit card you wish to remove and tap on “Delete”.
This is just an overview of the steps you should follow when removing a card on your DoorDash app. Continue reading to get a more exhaustive idea of these steps to follow.
In addition, this article will highlight a few frequently asked questions connected to payment methods on the DoorDash app. Without further ado, let’s get right to it.
Steps To Remove Your Credit Card From the DoorDash App
Before removing a credit card from the DoorDash app, confirm that it hasn’t been set as the default payment method. You must do this, or else you can remove the credit card from the DoorDash app. The same applies if you have only one card on your DoorDash account, as it will automatically be assigned the default payment method.
After you’ve confirmed there isn’t another credit card on your DoorDash account or the card isn’t the default payment method, you can proceed to remove it. When doing this, here are the steps to follow.
- Open the DoorDash app on your iOS or Android device.
- Head to the Home screen and tap on the “Account” tab in your screen’s bottom right corner, and you’ll be directed to the primary “Account” page.
- Click on “Payment” under the “Account Settings” page.
- While on the “Payment” section, go to the “Save Payment Methods” to see the list of cards on your DoorDash app. The default credit card is distinguished from the rest by a checkmark that appears next to it. Therefore, you shouldn’t try deleting this card, as this won’t be possible on the DoorDash app.
- Locate the card you wish to delete from your DoorDash app and swipe left. If the selected credit card does not swipe left, it’s the default payment method. Therefore, you need to set another credit card as the default payment method first before you can try to delete it.
- After that, the option to remove the card will appear, and you should click on “Delete”. The card will immediately be removed from your DoorDash app.
Once you’ve removed a particular card, you can add a new card by following the steps below.
- Launch the DoorDash app.
- Click on the profile icon in your screen’s upper left corner.
- Tap on “Payment” if you’re using an iOS device or “Payment Methods” for Android gadgets.
- Go to the “Add Payment Method” and click on the “Credit/Debit card” option.
- Enter your new card details into your DoorDash account, including your card number, expiration date, billing zip code, and security code.
- Click on “Add Card”.
You can repeat this process more than once because DoorDash allows you to add over one credit/debit card to your account. After that, you should select which cards added should be used as the default payment option.
If you want your food delivered right to your doorstep, either at your office or home, DoorDash is an ideal food delivery service. But removing a card on the DoorDash Android or iOS app is much more complex than expected. This is even more complicated if your DoorDash account only has one payment method.
You shouldn’t have any such issue after reading through this exhaustive guide detailing the steps to follow when removing a card on the DoorDash app. So, if your current credit card has expired, your bank has issued you a new credit card, or you opt for a different payment method, you can go ahead and remove a card without any hassles.
Frequently Asked Questions
DoorDash allows you to have several payment methods, including PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, cash on delivery, DoorDash gift cards, Venmo, and credit/debit cards. However, you can’t split the order cost between two payment methods. A prompt will appear requesting you pick the payment method you prefer for the whole amount.
That said, debit or credit cards are the most popular payment method used on DoorDash. There is no limit to the number of cards you can add, but DoorDash may limit the number for security reasons.
No, you can’t delete all the payment methods on your DoorDash account. Instead, you must always have an active payment method.