Whether you use a laptop or an iPad to surf the internet, the option to bookmark your favorite blogs, websites you visit frequently, and URLs you often refer to is quite helpful. However, with time, the list of bookmarks can become quite long, and some might not even be of use to you anymore, making it harder to find the ones that are actually useful. Luckily, it’s very easy to remove the bookmarks on the iPad so that you can clear up the clutter.
To remove bookmarks on the iPad, open Safari and click on the book icon to bring up all the bookmarks. Choose the folder with the bookmarks you want to delete and tap on “Edit.” You will be able to see a red minus symbol on the left of each bookmark. Once you tap on it, you will see the option to delete on the right. Tap on it to remove the bookmark, and then tap “Done.“
If you’re tired of the long list of bookmarks and want to remove some of them from the list, here is a step-by-step guide.
Before We Start
A lot of people prefer removing the bookmarks bar instead of removing the bookmarks. There are two reasons for this. First, the bookmark bar eats up precious screen space, and the main window where you view the site becomes very small. And second, a lot of people don’t have any bookmarks in the bar, making it pretty useless to them.
However, there’s no point in hiding the bookmark bar if you still have a clutter of bookmarks to go through before you find the one you’re looking for. In this case, you need to remove all the useless bookmarks and keep the most useful ones.
How To Remove Bookmarks on Safari on iPad
You can remove the bookmarks on Safari either individually or all in one go. We discuss both of these methods in detail below.
How To Remove Individual Bookmarks on Safari on iPad
Removing individual bookmarks from your iPad is very easy, and you don’t even need any extra tools for it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open up Safari on your iPad.
- If your bookmark bar is already open, you will see a list of bookmarks on the left of the screen. If it isn’t open, you can just click on the book icon present besides the search bar to open the bookmarks bar.
- When you open the bar, you will see three icons: a clock, a pair of glasses, and a book. Tap on the glasses to see your bookmark.
- Once you’re at the bookmarks screen, you’ll be able to see an “Edit“ button on the bottom right. Tap on that.
- A red minus sign will show up next to all your bookmarks. Tap the minus sign for the bookmark you want to remove. This will bring up a “Delete” button on the right of that bookmark. Tap on that to delete it.
- Follow the same process for all the bookmarks you want to delete. Once you remove all the useless bookmarks, tap “Done.”
Alternatively, you can just swipe the bookmark from right to left to bring up the delete option. Tap on “Delete,” and your bookmark will be removed.
How To Remove All Bookmarks on Safari on iPad
Removing the bookmarks one by one can be very tedious, especially if there are multiple bookmarks to delete. If you manually go through them one by one, it can take a long time.
Luckily, there’s a more efficient approach. You can now find a lot of apps online that can help you clear out your bookmarks in bulk easily and quickly. You can try out the available options and choose the one you like most.
You now know how to get rid of the clutter on your bookmarks bar on your iPad by removing the bookmarks you don’t need. You can either go through them one by one if you want to delete only specific bookmarks, or you can use a dedicated app to delete all of them together!
Frequently Asked Questions
To hide the bookmarks bar present on the right side of the screen, simply tap on the book icon present beside the search bar on top.
By default, the bookmarks bar in Safari on iPad is hidden to save precious screen space and to make sure users don’t have to face a complex user interface. But it is easy to open up the bookmarks bar.