The Apple Watch incorporates a Cycle Tracking feature in the Health app, enabling users to easily monitor their periods, symptoms, and fertility windows. This app comes in handy as it saves you the need to install a third-party app. But if you don’t want to track your menstrual cycle, you can remove the Cycle Tracking app from your Apple Watch.
This guide has what you’re looking for by detailing how you can remove the Cycle Tracking feature from your Apple Watch’s Health app. You might feel this is necessary if the app isn’t helping you better track your menstrual cycle to boost your chances of conceiving or birth control.
In addition, you’ll be taken through some of the most frequently asked questions relating to the Cycle Tracking app in the Apple Watch. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Steps To Remove the Cycle Tracking App From Your Apple Watch
You must follow a few steps when removing the Cycle Tracking app from your Apple Watch. Here’s an overview of the steps to follow when deleting cycle information from your Apple Watch’s home screen:
- Click on the crown of the Cycle Tracking app to display all the details you have set.
- Press the Cycle Tracking app on your smartphone and continue holding it for approximately 30 seconds until this app shakes. If the app doesn’t wobble, ease the pressure you’re placing as you ideally shouldn’t use excessive force.
- Click on the “Delete” button and select the app you wish to delete. It’s important to note that in-built applications developed by Apple can’t be deleted from your Apple Watch.
- Tap the crown showing on your Apple Watch’s screen.
The Cycle Tracking app will be disabled from your Apple Watch by following the steps mentioned above. Therefore, it’ll no longer track your menstrual health cycle.
The Cycle Tracking feature is pre-installed on every Apple Watch and is an excellent addition that helps track past and future periods and cycles. But if you don’t use this information, there’s no need to have this feature in your Apple Watch.
With this in mind, this is why you need to learn how to remove the cycling feature from your Apple Watch. This guide elaborates the steps you need to follow to remove the cycling track from the Health app. This information is beneficial if you have no idea where to start when looking to remove the Cycle Tracking app from your Apple Watch.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to set up your Apple Watch’s in-built Health app to track your menstrual cycle, here are the steps to follow:
1) Launch the Health app on your Apple Watch.
2) Click on the Browse tab and look for Cycle Tracking.
3) Tap on Get Started and click on Next to add the necessary information or click on Skip if you wish.
4) Click on the toggle next to Period Prediction to enable the app to forecast your menstrual cycle.
5) Click on Period Prediction to switch it on, and the app will create a two-month period calendar.
6) Make sure to switch on Period Notifications to permit the Health app to issue you with an upcoming period notification.
You can log a period on the Cycle Tracking app using your Apple Watch without requiring your iPhone. Here are the steps to follow:
1) Click on Digital Crown to initiate the loading of the app tray on your Apple Watch.
2) Click on the Cycle Tracking app.
3) Tap on Day in the daily tracker on the top section of the data summary.
4) Press the “Period” below the “Menstruation” section to enter the day’s menstruation flow.
5) Click on Done.
Besides recording your period, it’s still possible to enter your cycle symptoms on your Apple Watch daily. When doing this, here are the steps you need to follow:
1) Click on Digital Crown to bring out the app tray.
2) Tap on the Cycle Tracking app.
3) Click on Symptoms.
4) Click all the appropriate Symptoms from this list.
5) Press Done.
Other details you can add to the Cycle Tracking app using your Apple Watch include the day’s sexual activity, details about cervical mucus viscosity, and if you’re experiencing spotting.