Have you been using the Lookout app to keep your device safe from malicious viruses but no longer want to use it on your phone? Often, users find this process difficult; however, you can do this in the spur of the moment.
To remove the Lookout app, launch Settings on your phone, tap “Application Manager”, head to the “All” tab, tap the Lookout app, and tap “Uninstall”.
To ease the task for you, we took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to remove the Lookout app. We will also explore methods for disabling the app and deleting your Lookout account.
What Is the Lookout App?
The Lookout app is a free antivirus application preinstalled on Android devices. Along with protecting your phone, this app helps you find your lost device by using GPS and showing it on the map.
In addition, if the “Scream” feature is enabled on the Lookout app, it allows you to create a loud alarm on your device when you’re in danger. Moreover, the app helps in configuring security settings.
Removing the Lookout App
If you don’t know how to remove the Lookout app, our following 2 step-by-step methods will help you go through the whole process without facing much trouble.
Method #1: Uninstalling the Lookout App
You can uninstall the Lookout app on your Android phone by following these steps.
- Unlock your Android phone, swipe up the screen to access all the apps, and launch Settings.
- Tap “Application Manager”.
- Head to the “All” tab.
- Tap the Lookout app from the list.
- Tap “Uninstall” to delete it from your phone.
If you want to uninstall the Lookout app on your iOS device, locate the app on the Home screen, long press the icon until all the app icons jiggle, and tap “X” on the Lookout app.
Method #2: Disabling the Lookout App
If the Lookout app is preinstalled on your Android phone, follow these steps to disable it.
- Unlock your Android phone, swipe up to access the Home screen, and launch Settings.
- Select “Device Administrators” and deselect the Lookout app. You can also disable the administrator rights by launching the Lookout app on your device, tapping the three lines at the upper corner, choosing “Settings”, and deselecting the “Device Admin” box.
- Go back to “Settings”, scroll down and tap “Apps”.
- Tap “Manage apps”.
- Tap the Lookout app and select “Force Stop”.
- Choose “Storage” and tap “Clear Data”.
Now, tap “Disable” on the Lookout app window to prevent it from running on your Android phone.
Deleting the Lookout Account
Before removing the Lookout app from your device, you can delete your account permanently with the help of these steps.
- Turn on your Android/iOS phone, swipe up the screen to access the Home screen, launch a browser, and go to the Lookout website.
- Use your credentials to log in to your Lookout account.
- Tap the three lines at the corner of the screen.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Delete account”.
You can also delete your Lookout account on your computer. To do this, launch a browser, go to the Lookout website and sign in. Click the gear icon and select “Settings”. Finally, click “Delete account”.
Canceling a Lookout Premium Subscription
If you don’t need the Lookout app anymore, follow these steps to cancel your premium subscription.
- Turn on your Android phone, swipe up on the screen to access all the apps, and launch Google Play Store.
- Tap your profile icon on the screen.
- Tap “Payments & subscriptions”.
- Tap the “Subscriptions” option.
- Tap the Lookout app and select “Cancel Subscription”.
If you want to cancel the Lookout premium subscription on your iOS device, launch the App Store, tap your “Apple ID”, select “Subscriptions”, and tap “Lookout”. Finally, tap “Cancel Subscription”.
Changing Your Lookout Email Address
You can also change the Lookout email address rather than removing the app in the following way.
- Turn on your phone, launch a browser, and go to the Lookout website.
- Use your credentials to sign in to your Lookout account.
- Tap the gear icon on the screen.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Select your current email address and type a new one in its place.
- Tap “Send Verification Email”.
Now, open your linked email address, verify your Lookout account, and you’re good to go.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to remove the Lookout app from your device. We’ve also discussed methods for disabling the app and deleting the Lookout account.
Moreover, we’ve shared methods for canceling premium subscriptions and changing the Lookout email address.
Hopefully, your question is answered in the article, and now you can quickly delete or disable the antivirus app from your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can add 5 gadgets to your Lookout account. However, if you disable a phone from your account, it is still visible on the app, so you have a record of the registered devices.