Forgot your router’s password, or are you experiencing unstable internet? The router is a device that manages traffic between networks. It also allows many devices to use the same internet connection. But what if we forgot the password? That means we have no internet connection. That’s why we have to reset the router to its default settings.
We can manually reset or visit the router admin control panel.
Now we’re going to discuss some easy methods to reset a router. Follow the steps, and you will be out of this problem.
Method #1: Manual Reset of the Router
When we say manual reset, we only have to push a button. Isn’t it simple and easy? You will find the reset button next to the four ports.
You will find a hole as a reset button. Use a paperclip to insert. Do not try to use a thick wire or pin that might damage the port.
This method implies the following NETGEAR routers.
Let’s move to our simple five steps to reset the NETGEAR router.
- Make sure your router is on.
- Locate the reset button of the router.
- You will find a hole which is the reset button.
- Take a paperclip and insert it in that hole for five to seven seconds.
- Hold it until the light on the router blinks.
Make sure you follow these steps correctly. Now, the reset process is complete, and the router will restart.
Method #2: Resetting DGN2000 and DG834Gv5 NETGEAR Routers
If you have DGN2000 NETGEAR routers, the technique is a bit different but manageable.
There is a slight change in steps. Follow the simple guidelines below.
- Turn on your router.
- Locate GPS and wireless buttons on the router.
- Press them at the same time.
- Press it for six seconds until the light starts blinking.
- Release the controls, and the router will restart.
Resetting the router means restoring its factory settings like a new device. Factory reset deletes all personal information, including your password, user name, and Wi-Fi name. After resetting, make sure to restart it.
We have more solutions available if your problem is not solved yet — nothing to worry about.
Method #3: Routers Web Interface
Here, we are with our third simple method to reset our router’ using the internet. Follow these guidelines to reset your router.
- Use the internet browser to open the NETGEAR Router’s Web Interface.
- Make sure your router and computer connect to the same internet.
- At the top of the web page, you’ll find “Advanced Settings”; click it.
- A menu will appear. Choose the “Maintenance” option.
- After that, select “Backup”.
- Click the heading “Revert to factory default settings”.
- Click “Erase”.
- That’s all. The process of resetting the router is complete.
After resetting, you must log in with the router’s default credentials. Your previous information won’t exist after resetting.
If you have forgotten your password, you do not need to reset the router to find the password. You can change it from the web interface.
As you know, the router is a device that connects two or more networks or subnetworks. Their primary purpose is to manage traffic between the networks or subnetworks. It also provides internet connections. They need passwords to access the internet.
Now you know the importance of a router. If you forget your router password, you cannot access the internet. Or you may have a problem with unstable internet. Right?
So the above methods will help you to find the solution to your problem. Then you’ll be able to have a steady, secure internet connection. Follow the steps given above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open the browser and type www.routerlogin.net. Then, you must enter the router serial number and the answers to security questions.
In the end, enter your new password and click “Confirm”.
Find the reset button on the router. Make sure the router is on. Take a paperclip to insert it into the hole for ten seconds. Hold it until the power LED blinks.
The solution to this question is like the above method. Locate the reset button and press it for ten seconds. Reboot the device in the end.
To reset a router takes not much time. You can do it in seconds.
You cannot reset your password using the tablet as it’s a wireless device. You have to go for a manual reset.