When everyone thought televisions would no longer be used in homes, smart TVs entered the market. Unlike regular televisions that let you watch cable TV, smart TVs let you download applications such as YouTube and Netflix.
As for the LG Smart TV, it is one of the best ones available on the market. However, it can also stop working properly at times, and this is when you should reset it.
The best and quickest way to reset LG Smart TV is to open the Main Menu using the remote and access the Settings. You need to go to the “General” tab and select the “Reset” option. This will reset your LG Smart TV.
Today, we’ll be discussing how to reset LG Smart TV.
Resetting an LG Smart TV
Smart TVs are amazing and all, but they are not perfect; there will be times when they won’t function as expected. Even top ones—like the LG Smart TV—can encounter errors. In such cases, your best option is to reset the device. Resetting a smart TV can solve most problems, and it will hardly take a minute.
Thankfully, there are multiple ways to reset an LG Smart TV. We will list down all methods so you can easily reset your device. We are even going to mention a method that will let you perform a rest without using the remote.
Method #1: Resetting an LG Smart TV Using the Remote
The best way to reset LG Smart TV is by going to its Settings. For this, you will need your TV remote.
- Turn on your TV.
- Press the “Home” button on the remote to open up the menu on the screen.
- Go to Settings > “General”.
- Select “Reset” and wait for the process to complete.
The TV might ask you to enter the password for the process to finish. If you didn’t set up any password, you could try entering 0000 or 1234, as this is the default password of LG Smart TV.
Method #2: Resetting an LG Smart TV Without Using the Remote
The following method is for those without an LG Smart TV remote. If you’re in the same boat, you can follow the below steps to reset your LG Smart TV.
- Press the main power button of your TV for 10 seconds. The power button will either be on the TV’s side or the bottom.
- If the TV does not reset after 10 seconds, you need to use the panel controls to access the Settings.
- You need to go to the Settings and select the “Reset” option using the joystick or other panel buttons. In other words, you will need to do everything mentioned in the first method. The only difference is that you will use the panel controls instead of the remote.
In most smart TVs, there is a joystick-like button that you can use to navigate through the options.
What To Do If You Forgot Your LG Smart TV’s Password
There can be times when you cannot reset your LG Smart TV because of a wrong password. This can happen if you can’t remember the password you set up for your TV. If you’re currently experiencing this, stop worrying, as we have a solution for this too.
- Using your TV remote, go to Settings and access the “Advanced Settings” section.
- Open the “Safety” tab and find the “Reset Password” option.
- Keep the option highlighted; press the channel up button twice, the channel down button, and the channel up button again.
- A dialogue box will appear after this on your screen, and you need to enter “0313” or “0325”.
- Another dialogue box will open, in which you will need to enter “0000”.
After you successfully follow the steps mentioned above, it will take you to a screen from where you can change your LG Smart TV’s password to perform a reset.
These were everything you needed to know about how to reset LG Smart TV. As you see, a method exists for those who somehow lost their TV remote. If you’re interested in performing a factory reset, you need to go to the “General” section in the settings and select the “Reset to Initial Settings” option. This will transform the TV into how it was when you first bought it.