Have you ever wondered whether you can restrict certain apps on your iPhone? If yes, you must have thought about this after giving your iPhone to your kid or a stranger. This may be because you don’t want your kids to access certain adult content or the stranger to see something confidential.
In this guide, you’ll be glad to know that you can restrict access to certain apps on your iPhone. This way, you can confidently let them use your phone, knowing they can access these restricted apps.
Using the restriction feature, setting screen limit time, or restricting adult content are the methods to restrict apps on your iPhone.
Read on as we look at how you can limit access to apps on your iPhone.
You’ll be taken through some of the most frequently asked questions regarding iPhone apps. Let’s get started.
How To Restrict Apps on iPhone
The following methods below show you how to restrict apps on your iPhone.
Method #1: Use the Restriction Feature
This is the simplest way to restrict access to an app on your iPhone or block it altogether. This feature also allows you to limit how your children can access different content using their iPhones. Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Open “Settings.”
- Go to the “General” option.
- Click on “Restrictions.”
- Tap on the “Enable Restrictions” option and enter the passcode.
- Go to the “Allow” option and switch off this feature to block the app.
Besides restricting access to apps, you can also disable the purchase of apps from the App Store. In addition, you can block sites, switch off the social feature in games and apply the block filter to TV shows, movies, and books.
Method #2: Set Screen Limit
As a parent, you don’t want your child to spend all day on the smartphone, which besides being unhealthy, also increases the chances of finding inappropriate content. To address this issue, you should set screen time, and here are the steps to follow:
- Open “Settings.”
- Click on “Screen Time” and switch it on.
- Press the pop-up showing “Continue” and choose between the two options; “This is My Child’s iPhone” or “This is My iPhone.”
- Choose “App Limits” in the “Screen Time” menu and enter the passcode if there’s any to access the App Limits page.
- Click on “Add Limit” while on “App Limits.”
- You can choose “All Apps & Categories” or select certain apps depending on categories, for instance, “Social” or “Games.“
- After choosing the apps you wish to limit, go to the top-right corner and click on “Next.”
- Select “Customize Days” to set the time and days when the app will be restricted, or go under “Time” to set the daily hour limit.
- Once you’re through, go to the top-right corner and click on “Add.”
- Click on “Downtime.”
- Enter the “Screen Time Limit & Schedule.”
Once set, your children won’t be able to use all the apps on the iPhone other than those you’ve allowed. You can also set a schedule when these apps can be accessed, even if you’ve permitted their use.
Method #3: Restrict Adult Content
A serious issue many parents today have is that of their kids finding adult content while browsing through the internet. You can ease your mind from such concerns by blocking certain kinds of websites on an iPhone.
The simple steps you need to follow are:
- Go to your iPhone’s Home Screen and click on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Screen Time.”
- Click on “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
- Enter a four-digit passcode.
- Switch on “Content & Privacy Restrictions.” A prompt might pop up requiring you to re-enter your passcode.
- Press “Content Restrictions.”
- Click on “Web Content.”
- Click on “Limit Adult Websites.”
- Exit “Settings” for the “Screen Time Settings” to be saved.
Restricting apps on your iPhone is essential, especially if you’re a parent. After all, you don’t want your kids to go on and access inappropriate content through your mobile device. And because you don’t want to deny them access to your phone or your iPhone to watch their favorite videos, restricting apps is a great idea.
This guide highlights how to restrict apps on your iPhone to ensure your kid’s safety. With this in mind, you can now proceed and do this on your smartphone and enjoy far greater peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can ban an app from your iPhone and even completely remove it from the App Store. This saves you the hassle of needing to restrict it on your phone.
To avoid getting outsmarted by your kids, you should consider restricting any changes to the iOS Privacy Settings. You can do this by following these steps:
1. Open the “Settings” menu.
2. Click on “Screen Time.”
3. Tap on “Content & Privacy Restriction.”
4. Enter the prompted passcode.
5. Click on “Privacy.”
6. Select the settings you wish to help refrain any changes on the iOS Privacy Settings, thereby granting access to inappropriate apps or websites.