Rotating the laptop screen gives users an enhanced view, especially when working on spreadsheets or designing something. However, many people are unaware of flipping their PC’s Screen.
It is possible to rotate the laptop screen by right-clicking on your desktop, navigating to “Display Settings”> “Display Orientation”, and choosing the “Landscape”, “Portrait”, and “Landscape flipped”, or “Portrait flipped” option. You can flip the laptop display by pressing shortcut keys such as “Ctrl +Alt + Arrow” on the laptop keyboard.
We have come up with a detailed guide for you on how to rotate laptop screens with “Display” and graphics card settings. We’ll also discuss using a rotation app for this task and orientating a Macbook display.
Methods for Rotating Laptop Screen
Our four step-by-step methods will help you accomplish the task without much difficulty if you are wondering how to rotate a laptop screen.
Method #1: Using Display Settings
The simplest way of rotating your laptop screen is through the Display settings. To do this:
- First, right-click on your desktop and choose “Display Settings”.
- From the “Settings” page, select “Display orientation”.
- A host of options will appear before you. Choose either “Landscape flipped” or “Portrait flipped”.
- Your screen will now rotate depending on the option you’ve chosen.
Windows will ask you if you want to keep the changes or not; select keep the changes to maintain the screen orientation.
Method #2: Using Keyboard Shortcut Keys
You can also rotate your laptop screen using the keyboard shortcut keys. Here is how:
- Press and hold the
Control + Altkeys.
- Next, select the arrow key you want your laptop screen to orientate.
- For instance, press and hold
Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrowfor “landscape mode”,
Ctrl + Alt + Right Arrowfor “portrait mode”, etc.
- Pressing the assigned key combinations will flip the screen and all the opened applications.
Method #3: Using Graphics Card Control Panel
Another method for rotating the PC’s screen is using the graphics control panel.
Using Intel Graphics Card Settings
The steps mentioned below show you to rotate the screen via the Intel Graphics Control Panel:
- For opening the “Intel Graphics Control Panel”, press
Ctrl + Alt + F12.
- Head to the “Display Settings” option and check the “Enable Rotation” box.
- Choose the desired screen rotation angle.
- Click “Apply”, and your screen will successfully be oriented in the desired direction.
You can also use HotKeys to rotate the “Intel Graphics Control Panel”. To do this,
- Press and hold
Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrowto go for 0 degrees rotation.
- Hold down the
Ctrl + Alt + Right Arrowfor rotating the screen by quarter-turn clockwise i.e., 90 degrees.
- To flip the screen upside down i.e., 180 degrees, press and hold
Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow.
- Press and hold the
Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrowfor rotating your laptop screen by 270 degrees i.e., quarter turn counter-clockwise.
Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards Settings
On a laptop with an “NVIDIA” graphics card, do the following steps for screen rotation:
- Launch the “NVIDIA Control Panel” on your Windows laptop.
- Choose the “Display Rotation” option from the task column under the “Display” part.
- Select the option you want from all the available orientations, i.e., “Landscape”, “Book”, “Landscape (folded)”, “Book (folded)”.
- After choosing the desired option, select “Apply”.
- You can now use your laptop in the orientation of your choice.
Method #4: Using Rotation Apps
If you can’t find the rotation option on your PC, there are numerous apps you can use for this purpose.
The “Screen Rotate” is a great app to switch between portrait and landscape modes and flip the display. To rotate the screen with this app:
- First, download the “Screen Rotate” app on your PC.
- Once the installation completes, open the app and choose the display according to your desired rotation.
- Now, your screen will immediately flip to the selected mode.
Rotating Screen on Mac
Like Windows, you can also rotate your MacBook screen the following way.
- First, navigate to the “Apple” icon > “System Preferences”.
- Click “Displays” and go to “Display Settings”.
- Choose the “Display” tab from the top bar.
- Next, click on the “Rotation” pop-up option and choose the degrees by which you want to rotate your display.
Choose to confirm from the dialogue box that appears before you, and your screen will successfully rotate now.
In this write-up on how to rotate a laptop screen, we have learned four different ways to flip the display without any trouble. We’ve also discussed rotating the screen on a Mac system.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and now you can successfully flip your device’s display and enjoy examining your work in a better way.