Tumblr is a social media platform where users can upload content such as text, photos, videos, etc. But what do you do when you see a video you love? You will immediately want to download that funny or educational video. Sadly, Tumblr does not give its users the option to download videos from the platform. So, how can you save Tumblr videos on PC?
You can use a third-party desktop app or an online video downloader to download Tumblr videos on a PC. Also, you can add a Chrome extension and use it to download Tumblr videos.
If you use Tumblr regularly, having a tool that lets you download videos comes in handy. So, when you scroll through your feeds and see a video you like, you can easily download it on your PC to watch later. This article elaborates on how to save Tumblr videos on a PC.
3 Methods To Save Tumblr Videos on PC
Tumblr doesn’t let its users download videos from its platform to protect its content creators from piracy. However, there is a workaround for this restriction to download Tumblr videos. But when you do, ensure you don’t use its content for monetizing purposes.
This section will discuss three workable methods to download Tumblr videos on a PC.
Method #1: Using a Video Downloader App
When you find a Tumblr video you love, you can download it using third-party video downloader apps. You can download a handful of them, like the Wondershare desktop app and the EaseUS Video Downloader.
You can use both apps to download videos from several video-sharing platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Additionally, when downloading the Tumblr videos using this method, you can choose the quality and format of the video.
Here’s how to use EaseUS Video Downloader to save Tumblr videos on PC.
- Download and launch the EaseUS Video Downloader, navigate to “Downloader”, and click “Add URLs”.
- Copy the URL to the Tumblr video you want to download and paste it into the URL window of the EaseUS app and click “Confirm”.
- Choose the quality and format of the video you want to download from the pop-up window and select “Download” to start the downloading process.
- Wait for the download to complete, then click on open to play the video.
Method #2: Using an Online Tumblr Downloader
Another method you can use to download Tumblr videos on your PC is with an online Tumblr video downloader. The advantage of using this method is that you don’t need to download any app on your PC. It also allows you to choose the quality and format of the video you want to download from Tumblr.
You can use several online Tumblr downloaders; an example is Toolzu.
Here’s how to use an online Tumblr downloader to save Tumblr videos on a PC.
- Enter the URL of the online video Tumblr downloader you want to use to download Tumblr videos in a browser.
- Open Tumblr and copy the link to the video you want to download and paste it in the URL box on the online video Tumblr downloader.
- From the download option, choose the quality and format of the video and click “Download” to save the Tumblr video on your PC.
Method #3: Using a Chrome Extension
You can also use a Chrome extension to save videos on your PC. This method is the most convenient if you use Chrome to surf Tumblr frequently. Some Chrome extensions allow you to save the video using the two methods highlighted above.
You can use different Chrome extensions, like TumTaster downloader, but we recommend Simple Video Download Helper.
Here’s how to use a Chrome extension to save Tumblr videos on a PC.
- Open the Google Chrome web store and download the Simple Video Download Helper extension.
- Open Tumblr and find the video you want to save.
- Right-click the video; aside from the usual like and share options, you will see a download option.
- Click the download link and select where you want to save the video on your PC.
- Click “OK” to confirm, and it will save on your PC.
Downloading copyrighted content is illegal and can land you in trouble if you monetize it without the holder’s consent.
It is easier to download a Tumblr video than you may have thought. Meanwhile, the methods described in this guide are just the tip of the iceberg. There are several other methods you can also use which can be a bit more complex, such as editing the source code on Chrome to enable you to save the video.
The methods in this guide are the most convenient and easy, and you can use them to download videos from other platforms. However, ensure you download videos responsibly and for personal use only.