Being able to take a screenshot can be highly beneficial in several circumstances, such as:
- When you want to share a piece of information on the internet but the website doesn’t have a share feature; or
- When you want to ask for troubleshooting ideas for a problem you’re facing on your PC.
There are several ways to take screenshots on an Acer laptop.
After extensive research, we concluded that some of the most hassle-free methods of screenshotting include:
• Using the snipping tool.
• Using the print screen and Windows buttons.
• Using a third-party extension.
This article will take you through all the basic steps of taking a screenshot and probable places where the screenshot will be stored.
Method #1: Take a Screenshot via Keyboard Combination
The method below is relatively easy to hack even without tech experience. The best part is that it will take less than two minutes to complete the task.
- Start by opening the screen that you want to capture a photo of.
- Locate the print screen key, labeled “PrtSc“, that is usually next to the F12 key on the laptop’s right side.
- Locate the Windows key on the bottom-left corner of the laptop.
- Simultaneously press “PrtSc” and the Windows button.
- You should hear the sound of a clicking camera, signifying that the laptop has taken the screenshot and has automatically saved the picture.
- You can find the screenshot in your “Photos” folder. If it’s not there, the image is likely saved in the Clipboard, so you must proceed to the succeeding steps.
- Open MS Word or a blank Google Doc template.
- Press Ctrl + V simultaneously to paste the screenshot.
- You are now free to save the image wherever you please.
Method #2: Take a Screenshot Using the Snipping Tool
All Acer laptops operating on Windows 10 and above come with a tool called Snip & Sketch that you may use to take screenshots, among other things. Though it is a bit more complicated than the first method, it has discerning advantages, such as that you can take short screen recordings for making GIFs. The snipping tool also allows you to take screenshots of specific windows on your screen, saving you the trouble of cropping out unwanted parts of the image.
It’s imperative to note that this tool allows you to customize your screenshot in two ways: “Mode“ and “Delay“. “Mode” gives you the option to choose the scope of your screenshot. Check out the following choices.
- “Full screen” takes a screenshot of the whole screen.
- “Window” takes a screenshot of the selected window within the screen.
- “Rectangular” allows you to customize a screenshot using a rectangular-shaped cursor that will appear on the screen.
- “Freeform” allows you to draw any shape on the screen and take a screenshot of the area within the created shape.
On the other hand, “Delay” allows you to set a timer of 1-5 seconds, within which you can take a screenshot of different windows. Below are steps on taking a screenshot using the snipping tool:
- Key in Snip & Sketch on the search bar, then click on it to launch. Typically, the search bar is located on the taskbar at the bottom of the laptop home screen.
- Click on the icon labeled “New” to signify that you want to create a new screenshot.
- Set your preferred “Mode” or “Delay“ settings.
- A cursor will appear to help you capture the screen.
- You will then be prompted to save the snip and choose a folder to save it in.
Where Are Screenshots Saved on an Acer Laptop?
Depending on the model of your laptop and the settings you have employed, your screenshot will either be saved on the Photos app or the Windows clipboard. If yours is the latter, you will need to open an image editing app, such as Paint. You must then paste the photo, edit it, and save it.
Alternatively, if you’re a Microsoft OneDrive user, you can save the screenshot directly to OneDrive. You can find the screenshot by following this directory: OneDrive > Pictures > Screenshots.
Taking screenshots of a laptop screen has never been easier, especially if you have a modern laptop. The above methods don’t require you to download anything. However, if you need advanced features, consider downloading a third-party software or browser extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on what you’re screenshotting and your intentions. For example, you might be held accountable if you share a screenshot of a private email without proper authorization.
No. All Acer laptops can take screenshots regardless of their operating system. However, you need Windows 10 and above to take a screenshot using the snipping tool.
Depending on the Acer laptop model you’re using, you might need to press a different key simultaneously with the print screen button to take a screenshot.