Facebook has been around for almost two decades and is still on the top, with over 2.89 billion active users a month. It is a place where you can share status updates, connect with your friends, post pictures, search for job vacancies, and keep track of your loved ones’ birthdays.
You can see birthdays on the Facebook app by navigating to the Events section in the PC version and typing birthdays in the search bar and choosing the Birthdays option featuring a cake next to it in the cellular app version.
We have put together an extensive guide for you on how to see birthdays on the Facebook app via the desktop website or cell phone, how to find birthdays on Facebook profiles of others, and what are the possible ways to get birthday notifications.
Why Use Facebook for Seeing Birthdays?
There can be numerous reasons you head to Facebook and find birthdays. Here are some of the things that compel you to use this social media platform to view the birthdays of your friends and family members:
- You want to plan a surprise for them.
- You tend to forget dates.
- To make Facebook customized birthday cards for your friends.
- You remember the month but don’t know the birth date.
- To mark birthdays on your cell phone calendar.
Seeing Birthdays on Facebook App
Seeing Birthdays on Facebook App is not as complicated as it looks. However, our step-to-step guide will save you a lot of time completing this task as we will help you explore the entire process conveniently.
So without waiting any longer, here are the three simple methods for seeing birthdays on Facebook App.
Method #1: Finding Birthdays on Desktop App
Despite the Facebook Application being handy on a cellphone, most people still prefer using it on their desktop. If you are one of them, here is how you can find birthdays on the desktop app:
- First, launch the Facebook app on your PC and log in to your Facebook account.
- On the left sidebar, on “Events”.
- Next, choose “Birthdays” from the sidebar.
- Now, you can see your friends’ birthdays on the screen, including those on the present day and all the recent and upcoming birthdays.
Method #2: Finding Birthdays on Cellular App
If you prefer using the cellular app, follow the following steps to see the birthdays:
- First, open the app and log in if not logged in already.
- On top of the screen, you will see a magnifying glass icon, i.e., the search icon; tap on it.
- Next, type “Birthdays” in the search bar and choose the first option.
- Now, you can see a list of your friend’s birthdays in front of you.
Method #3: Seeing Birthdays on Facebook Profiles
Another way to find your friends’ birthdays on Facebook is by visiting their profiles. However, this depends on their privacy settings. You might not be able to view their birth year, depending on their privacy selection. To do this on the Facebook app installed on a Windows or Mac PC:
- First, launch the Facebook app on your PC and sign in to your account.
- After signing in, type your friend’s name in the search bar on the top-left corner.
- Choose your friend’s name from the search results and open their profile.
- On the profile page, navigate to “About” > “Contact and Basic info”, and you will be able to view their birthday if it’s public.
If you are using the Facebook app on an Android or iOS device:
- Open the Facebook app and choose the menu icon located at the top-right.
- Tap on the search icon in the menu.
- Next, type in the name of the person you want to find the birthday off in the search bar.
- Once the profile is opened, select the “About Info” option and view more information.
- If the concerned person has a visible birthday on their profile, you will be able to find it in the “Basic info” part.
In this step-to-step guide on how to see birthdays on the Facebook app, we have explored the different reasons for viewing birthdays and how you can find them on desktop and cellular apps. We have also looked into finding birthdays using the Facebook profiles of your friends.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and now you can successfully see your friends’ birthdays and lift the burden of remembering these dates off of you. Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t see birthdays on Facebook, ensure that you are using the most updated version of the app. You can also restart your device, reinstall the app, or try to log in to your account again.
Open the app and enter birthdays in the search bar to view upcoming birthdays on the Facebook app. Now, tap on the upcoming birthday shortcut, and you will be able to view both upcoming and recent birthdays.