Our Android mobile phones play an essential role in enabling us to keep in touch with our family, friends, and acquaintances. These devices also have a blacklist, a vital feature that allows us to block people stalking us or those we don’t want to remain in contact with for reasons best known to us. You might have blocked someone deliberately or unintentionally and now want to unlock them. So, first, you must know how to see blocked numbers on your device.
Well, there are four different methods to find blocked numbers on Android. One is to use the Messaging app, and the other is to use the Phone Manager app. You can also see blocked numbers through the Contact or Phone app.
Some apps may not have the “Number Blocking” function, depending on the Android version you’re using. Find a detailed discussion of these methods below and choose the one that works for you.
4 Methods To See Blocked Numbers on Android
We’ll dive into how you can view blocked numbers on your Android phone. Pay close attention and read on.
Method #1: Use the Messaging App
The Messaging app is one of the ways to see blocked numbers on your Android device. However, we used this method on Android 5.1.1 and noticed that the function might be unavailable on newer versions. For example, this function is unavailable in devices running Android 7.0.
Follow the steps below to see blocked numbers through the Messaging app if your phone is running Android 5.1.1 or older.
- Open the Messaging app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) button on the lower-right section of the screen. It could also be a dot menu (three vertical dots) icon on the top-right corner of the screen, and it’s usually adjacent to the “New Message” button.
- Choose “Harassment Filter” from the menu (If you can’t see the “Harassment Filter”, choose the “Settings” option).
- Tap the “Settings” button at the bottom of the screen next to “Clear” under “Harassment Filter”.
- While in the Settings screen, choose the “Blacklist” option under “Blacklist/Whitelist“.
You should see all the numbers you’ve blocked in the past on a list there. At the bottom of the screen is an “Add (+)” button in case you wish to add another number to the list.
Method #2: Use the Phone Manager App
Use a Google stock app called Phone Manager (or Phone Master on some Android devices) to find a list of blocked numbers on your phone. This app is available on Android and is helpful in many functions, including phone optimization and storage clean-up (clear cached data, empty trash, etc.).
Here’s what to do.
- Open the Phone Manager app.
- Choose the “Harassment Filter” option.
- For some Android devices (phones running Android 5.1.1, such as Huawei Mate 7), follow steps 4-5 in method #1 above to see blocked numbers.
- For other devices (especially those running Android 7 and later), you’ll see three options in a bar at the top of the screen: “SMS“, “Phone“, and “Blacklist” to the right.
- Choose “Blacklist” to see the blocked numbers. You can also add more by tapping the “Add” option at the bottom of the screen.
Method #3: Use the Phone’s Dialer/Phone App
The Dialer app (or Phone in Android 7 and newer versions) is another method to see blocked numbers on your Android device. These are the steps to follow.
- Open the Phone (Dialer) app.
- Tap the menu button (looks like three horizontal lines on the bottom-right or three vertical dots on the top-right corner of the screen in some devices).
- Choose “Settings” (or “Harassment Filter” on some devices) from the menu.
- Under the Settings screen, select “Call Blocking” or “Blocked Numbers“, depending on the Android device.
- Follow steps 3-5 to see blocked numbers in method #1 above if your phone has the “Harassment Filter” option.
Under the “Blocked Numbers” screen, you’ll see a list of all the blocked numbers. There’s also an “Add a Number” option if you wish to add another contact to the blacklist.
Method #4: Use the Contact App
You may not be able to use this method to see blocked numbers on a smartphone running Android 5.1.1 and older versions (the function is unavailable).
Here are the steps to follow.
- Open the Contact app on your phone.
- Tap on the menu button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Blocked Numbers” from the list. You’ll see a list of all the numbers you’ve added previously and an “Add a Number” link to add another contact to the list if you want.
In our article above, we’ve discussed four methods to see blocked numbers on Android. The first method is through the Messaging app. Next, we discussed the steps to see blocked numbers through the Phone Manager app, followed by the Phone app, and last but not least, the Contact app.
Moreover, we mentioned that some of these methods might not work in some Android versions and devices. For example, the Messaging app in Android 7.0 and newer may not have a way to see blocked numbers. Similarly, you may not use the Contact app for the same purpose on devices running Android 5.1.1 and older.
With that in mind, we leave it up to you to choose a method that works for your Android device. We hope that you’ll find one of the above methods helpful.