The Peloton app comes with great features, and high fives are one of them for the members to connect. However, many users don’t know how to see high fives on the app.
To see high fives on the Peloton app, open the app on your phone and tap “Join Session”. Tap the notification that pops up on your Feed. You will find a message saying “(user name) high fived!”
We have put together a detailed guide for you on seeing high fives on the Peloton app and what to do if the high fives are not working.
- Seeing High Fives on the Peloton App
- Sending High Fives on the Peloton App
- Non-Functioning High Fives on the Peloton App
- Frequently Asked Questions
Seeing High Fives on the Peloton App
You can easily do this via notifications on your Feed if you’re wondering how to see high fives on the Peloton app.
- Open the Peloton app on your Android device.
- Hop on your bike and tap “Join Session” from your screen to attend the session.
- During a live session or on-demand class, see the Feed on the left side of your screen.
- On receiving a high five from the other user, a notification will pop up on your screen. The notification will look like “(user name) high fived!”
- Once you have seen the notification, tap the arrow icon to hide your Feed and resume your session.
It is possible to send a high five back to the person by tapping the notification on your Feed.
Sending High Fives on the Peloton App
You can send high-fives on the Peloton app with the following two methods.
Method #1: High-Fiving in Live Classes
It is possible to send a high five to other members during a live class using the LEADERBOARD.
- Launch the Peloton app on your device and join the session.
- You will see a “LEADERBOARD” on your screen when attending the live session.
- Find the person you want to high-five on the leaderboard.
- Tap on the username to successfully send a high five.
Method #2: High-Fiving in On-Demand Classes
Follow the steps below to send high-fives to other members during on-demand classes.
- Open the Peloton app, and tap “Join Session” to attend the on-demand class.
- From the app screen, go to the “Here Now” tab on the “LEADERBOARD”.
- You will see a list of all the people attending the class with you.
- Scroll down to find the person and tap their profile picture.
The app will successfully send a high five to the selected member.
Non-Functioning High Fives on the Peloton App
If you can’t send or receive high fives on your Peloton app, our 3 step-by-step methods will help you fix the problem conveniently.
Method #1: Hard Resetting the Peloton Device
You can try hard resetting the Peloton bike while using the Peloton app on your device to fix high fives in the following way.
- Unplug your Peloton cord from the power source and switch off the touchscreen.
- Unplug all the connection cords at the bottom of the Peloton bike.
- Wait a few minutes before plugging in the power cord and see if this fixes the high-five issue.
Method #2: Clearing the Peloton Cache via Settings
One way of fixing high fives on the Peloton app is by clearing its cache on your mobile device.
- Tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Apps” and select “Peloton” from the list of applications.
- Select “Force Stop” and navigate to “Storage”> “Clear Cache”.
- Hold the power button at the top of the Peloton bike to turn off the HD touchscreen.
Use the same button to turn the touchscreen back on, and now you can send and receive high fives on your Peloton app.
Method #3: Restarting Peloton
If nothing else works, you can restart your Peloton with these steps to solve the issue of the high fives that are not working on the Peloton app.
- Press and hold the power button on Peloton and select “Shutdown”.
- When the touchscreen switches off, hold the volume up button together with the power button.
- Let go of both buttons when you see the Peloton logo to access the Recovery Mode.
- Navigate to the “wipe cache partition” option using the volume keys and select it with the power button.
- Once the partition is finally removed, tap the “reboot system now” option.
In this guide, we have discussed how to see high fives on the Peloton app. We have also looked into various methods for sending and fixing high fives not working on your Peloton application.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and now you can easily cheer others up and keep yourself motivated during your training sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although you can’t find a count on the number of high fives you receive during a ride on the Peloton app, you can scroll through the notifications section and manually count the high fives you’ve received.