Instagram story is a new feature introduced by Instagram that allows user to share their special moments with everyone on their profile. Over 500 million accounts use stories regularly, and the count is increasing with each passing day. However, sometimes viewing them on a PC can be tricky.
You can see Instagram stories on the computer by visiting the official Instagram website, adding “IG Stories” extension on Chrome, or using different third-party apps like “Insta-Stories Online” and “Instadp”.
We have done the necessary research and have put together an extensive guide on seeing Instagram stories on the computer using different tools and extensions with easy step-by-step instructions.
Why Use Instagram Stories?
There are multiple reasons to use Instagram stories today. Some of them are as follows:
- To capture and save special moments.
- Remain in touch with friends and family.
- Excellent for marketing.
- Easy to capture and post.
- To share stories and limit them for viewing, usually 24 hours.
Viewing Instagram Stories on Computer
Our four step-by-step methods will help you do this task without much effort if you are wondering how to see Instagram stores on the computer.
Method #1: Viewing Stories on Browser
One of the most straightforward methods of seeing Instagram stories on your PC is viewing them on the browser. Follow the steps mentioned below to see what others are posting on their stories:
- First, open a browser on your computer and go to Instagram’s official website.
- Next, sign in to your account by putting your credentials, i.e., email and password.
- You will find the stories panel on the right side of your feed; click to view the story you want.
Click on the X icon at the top of a story to exit from any story. This method allows you to view the story instead of posting one.
Method #2: Using Insta-Stories Online
Another effective method to see what others are posting on their stories through your computer is using online tools or websites, such as “insta-stories online”. Here are the steps to follow for viewing stories online using this free tool:
- Open the browser and go to the Insta-stories online official website.
- Locate the search bar and type the person’s name you want to view stories of, and click enter.
- Once you see the profile, choose the circled profile link to view the stories.
Scroll down to find all recent stories from that person and see what you want.
On “insta-stories online”, you can also download the stories to your PC by clicking on the download button in the top-right corner.
Method #3: Via Instadp
Instadp is one tool that allows you to see stories and view and download reels, posts, profile pictures, highlights, and videos of Instagram users. Follow the steps below to view Insta stories via Instadp:
- Open the browser on your computer and visit Instadp’s official website (instadp.online).
- Next, put the username in the search bar and click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Tap on a profile to see the story and scroll down to find all the stories by the user within the past 24 hours.
- Click on the download button if you want to save any story.
Instadp comes with a history option, so you can always get back to this tool for viewing the previously seen stories anytime.
Method #4: Adding IG Stories Chrome Extension
Adding the IG Stories extension on Chrome is another effective method to view Insta stories on your PC, which can be done using these steps:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store on your computer and download the “IG Stories for Instagram” extension.
- Once you reach the IG Stories for Instagram page, locate the “Add to Chrome” option and click on it.
- The extension will get installed on your chrome browser.
- Now, go to Instagram, and tap on the browser extension to view stories.
The extension appears as a download arrow inside a pink circle on the top right side of Chrome.
In this write-up on how to see Instagram stories on a computer, we have explored several reasons for using the stories feature and have looked into multiple methods of viewing them on your PC. We have also discussed how you can download extensions to easily and quickly access the IG stories.
Hopefully, you can easily see what others post on their IG stories. Good luck with using more valuable tools and discovering incredible features on your Instagram account.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t give you a prompt when someone takes a screenshot of your story. However, you will quickly know when someone screenshots the DMs, which is all you need to know.