When you snap any photo using your smartphone, some details are saved with the image (e.g., date, time, dimension, location). These details are automatically saved with the photo so you can see them later. So, if you want to know how to see photo info on your iPhone, you are at the right place. I will show you different methods to see photo info on your iPhone.
You must open the picture, click the share button, click “Save to Files“, and choose a folder or location. This will save the photo to Files. Now, locate the picture on that location and long-press on it. Click on “Info“, which will show you the photo information.
This could be challenging for some people to follow the method. So, let’s discuss this in detail.
What Is Photo Info?
Photo info is a feature of your iPhone’s camera app that stores information about each photo you take inside that photo. The information is stored in the EXIF metadata (extensible image file format) format, a bunch of data describing the picture and its properties.
The section stores information such as the following.
- Date and time you took the photo.
- The camera model you used to take it.
- The location where you took it.
- Dimension of the photo.
Why See Photo Info
As you know, photos automatically store a bunch of information with them. So, there are many reasons to see that information if it is easily accessible.
Sometimes, you might want to know the exact location of a photo, and you can use the photo info to see where it was taken.
Furthermore, you might want to know when a photo was taken. The photo info will tell you this as well as what camera was used to take the picture, which phone was used to take it and even when they took it.
So, you could want to see the photo info for many reasons.
How To See Photo Info on iPhone
Now, you must be wondering how to see photo info on iPhone. So, here are two primary methods you can follow to view the photo info using your iPhone easily.
So, let’s get started.
Method #1: Saving the Photo to a Folder and See Photo Info
The first method involves viewing the photo info by first saving it in a folder. So, here are the steps that can help you with that.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and locate the photo whose info you want to see.
- Click the photo and tap the Share button in the bottom-left corner.
- A list of options will appear here; click on the “Save to Files” option. This will ask you for the location to save the photo.
- Choose a folder where you can locate the image later.
- Launch the Files app and locate the image you saved.
- Long-press on the image and click “Info“.
This is the most straightforward way to see photo information on your iPhone.
Method #2: See Photo Info Using Metapho App
Sometimes you have to check multiple photos’ information, and it would be inconvenient to save each image to a folder and see the information. In this situation, you will have to use the Metapho app and follow the steps given below.
- Download and install the Metapho App on your iPhone.
- Open the app once and grant all permissions it asks.
- Close the app and go to the photo gallery of your iPhone.
- Locate the photo you want to see information on and click on it.
- Click the share icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- A list of options will appear; click on the Metapho option.
This is how you can see photo info without saving it to your Files and without leaving your photo gallery. Metapho is the most convenient way to see photo information when you have to see the information of lots of photos.
Besides that, you can also edit the photo information while using Metapho app. So, it is an excellent method to view and edit the photo information on your iPhone.
You can view the photo info on your iPhone using these two methods. The first method is convenient for people who just want to see the info of one or a few photos. But if you need to view the information of many images, then the second method is recommended for you.
I hope this guide will be helpful for you, and if you face any problems while following the steps mentioned above, you can ask me in the comment section below.