Are you looking for your contacts on the Facebook app but can’t find them? Maybe you have blocked the contents; however, you can verify if you have done so with ease.
To see the blocked list on the Facebook app, launch the app, tap three lines in the upper corner, navigate to “Settings & Privacy” > “Settings” > “Profile Settings”, and tap “Blocking”.
We took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on seeing the blocked list on the Facebook app. We will also explore the process of seeing blocked messages on Messenger and blocked group members on the Facebook app.
Viewing the Blocked List on the Facebook App
If you don’t know how to see the blocked list on the Facebook app, our following step-by-step method will help you do this task easily.
- Unlock your iOS/Android device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access all the apps, and launch the Facebook app.
- Open Settings & Privacy.
- Tap the “Settings” option.
- Tap “Profile Settings”.
- Under the “Privacy” section, tap “Blocking”.
Now, you can see the blocked list on the Facebook app on your Android/iOS device.
If you want to unblock a profile on your Facebook app, tap the “Unblock” option and confirm to remove that profile from the blocked list.
Viewing the Blocked List on the Facebook Lite App
You can also see the blocked list on the Facebook Lite app on your device by following these steps.
- Unlock your phone, swipe up on the screen to access all the apps, and launch the Facebook Lite app.
- Tap the hamburger icon at the top-right corner of your phone.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Blocking” to see the blocked contacts on the Facebook Lite app.
If the blocked account has been deleted from Facebook, it will not appear in the blocked list.
Blocking Someone on the Facebook App
Following these steps, you can easily block a profile on your Facebook app.
- Unlock your phone, swipe up on the screen to access all the apps, and launch the Facebook app.
- Search the profile you want to block.
- Tap the three dots icon on the profile.
- Tap the “Block” option.
- Tap “Block” in the confirmation pop-up.
The contact is successfully blocked from the Facebook app, and they will not be able to see your posts, tag, or message you.
Viewing Blocked Messages on Facebook Messenger
If you want to see the blocked messages from a contact on Facebook Messenger, do these steps.
- Turn on your phone, access the Home screen, and launch Facebook Messenger.
- In the “Chats” tab, tap your profile icon.
- Tap “Privacy”.
- Tap “People”.
- Tap “Blocked people”.
Here, you can see the list of the contacts you’ve blocked on Facebook Messenger.
If you want to unblock a contact on Facebook Messenger, tap “Unblock” next to their name and tap “Unblock on Messenger” in the confirmation box.
Viewing Blocked Group Members on the Facebook App
To find out the blocked members of a group on the Facebook app, follow these steps.
- Unlock your Android phone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access all the apps, and tap Facebook.
- Tap the three lines icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Groups”.
- Tap “Your Groups” and open your desired Facebook group.
- Tap the profile icon to view all the members.
- Tap “Blocked” to see the blocked group members.
If you want to unblock a group member on the Facebook app, tap the respective profile in the “Blocked” tab and “Remove Block.” Tap “Unblock Member” in the confirmation box.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to see the blocked list on the Facebook app. We’ve also discussed a method for viewing blocked contacts on the Facebook Lite app.
Moreover, we’ve shared the solutions for blocking someone on the Facebook app and seeing blocked messages and group members.
Hopefully, your question is answered in the article, and now you can quickly view and remove a contact from the blocked list.
Frequently Asked Questions
To see the blocked list on your computer, turn it on, launch a browser, go to the Facebook website, and sign into your account. Click your profile icon, choose “Settings & Privacy”, and click “Settings”. Click “Privacy” on the left side and choose “Blocking”. Select “Edit” and click “See your blocked list”.
A blocked member cannot see your posts or comments in a Facebook group unless they are the group’s admin.
To see if someone has blocked you on Facebook, type the person’s name in the search bar, and if the account doesn’t appear in the search results, you may have been blocked.