There are sharing apps that can easily share short videos from an iPhone to an Android phone. These apps can allow you to easily do cross-device transfers when the file size is about 20MB. However, as the size of the file increases, sharing and transferring files becomes difficult. Therefore, finding other ways to send long videos from an iPhone to an Android phone is essential.
You should use a cloud service to send long videos (e.g., with a size of 2GB) from an iPhone to an Android phone. Cloud file transfers are the best for sending long videos from iPhone to Android. If the video size is about 25MB, you can use email messaging apps to send it.
This article will show you how to send large video files from an iPhone to an Android phone.
How To Send Long Videos From iPhone to Android
The size of your video file will determine the platform to send a long video from your iPhone to an Android.
If the file size is below 25MB, you should use emailing software, websites, or apps to send it. Otherwise, if it is above 25MB, you should use a cloud service to send it.
Cloud services – such as iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox, and many more – allow you to send large files. The amount of files you can send using cloud service depends on your plan. Hence, there is no limit to the size of each video file you can send using a cloud service.
The following headers contain the different methods to send large files from iPhone to Android.
Method #1: Using Email Services
To send long videos from your iPhone to Android, you can use email platforms such as Gmail. Gmail allows you to send files up to 25MB in size.
Here is how to send a video using Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone, and click the “Compose” button.
- Type the email address of the receiver on the composition page.
- On the top-right corner, click the File (📎) icon.
- Choose your video file and send it to the receiver’s email address.
Method #2: Using Cloud Services
Cloud services are the best you can use to send large files from your iPhone to Android. They are the best because you can upload and send video data worth over 1GB, depending on your cloud subscription.
Dropbox gives a 2GB free storage plan. Google Drive gives a free plan of 15GB. With iCloud, you have a free plan that is 5 GB in size. You can either send a video file that equals this free plan. Alternatively, you can send multiple videos that total the size of the free plan.
Here’s how to send videos saved on your iPhone to Android using Google Drive.
- Go to your iPhone Files app.
- Go to “On My iPhone“.
- Gently long-press the video you want to send.
- Click “Share“.
Swipe left or right to select “Google Drive” from the share list.
- Log in to Google Drive on an Android Phone and download the video.
Here’s how to send videos from iPhone to Android Using iCloud Drive.
- Go to your iPhone’s Photos app.
- Long-press the video you wish to send.
- Click the “Share“ button.
- Tap “Save to Files“.
- Select “iCloud Drive“.
- Log in to icloud.com on your Android Phone and download the video from the “iCloud Drive” folder.
If the video is saved on your Files app rather than your Photos app, you can also send the video to your iCloud Drive. To send it from your Files app, go to “On My iPhone” > Long-press the video > Tap “Move” > “iCloud Drive“.
Method #3: Using Third-Party Apps
Third-party apps like SHAREit allow you to share files from your iPhone to Android. It can also allow you to share files and vice versa.
The SHAREit app has a simple user interface; hence, you can easily navigate the video on your iPhone storage and share it to your Android. Additionally, this app has a high transfer speed. Therefore, sharing large files with it is a smart option.
Here is how to use the SHAREit app to send files from your iPhone to Android.
- Ensure that both your iPhone and Android have the SHAREit app. Download the SHAREit app on the Apple Store for your iPhone. And for your Android phone, download the SHAREit app on the Google Play Store.
- Launch the apps on both phones.
- Pair your iPhone with your Android device.
- On your iPhone, select the video you wish to send to your Android.
- Click “Share“.
Using the SHAREit app provides many benefits, unlike other file storage apps. The SHAREit app supports iOS and Android devices. Whereas many file-sharing apps usually support Android devices only.
Also, the SHAREit app has a significant transfer speed and doesn’t require an Internet connection. The only limitation of this app is that it is not ideal for sending multiple videos simultaneously.
Another third-party app you can use is the Send Anywhere app.
Here is how to use the Send Anywhere app to send files from your iPhone to Android.
- Download the Send Anywhere app for Android and iPhone.
- Launch and pair the apps on both phones.
- On your iPhone, click the video you wish to send to your Android.
- Click “Send“.
Like the SHAREit app, the Send Anywhere app is easy to use as you can easily navigate your video file. It supports iOS devices as well as Android devices. However, the send anywhere app has a drawback as it doesn’t display the transfer speed.
Sending long videos from iPhone to Android most times proves unsuccessful. But with the right platforms, such as cloud transfers, emails, and some third-party apps, you can send long videos from iPhone to Android.