Are you looking to send messages to multiple people simultaneously using an iPhone? Luckily, you can now do so by sending a mass text with certain workarounds.
To send a mass text on an iPhone, open Settings and tap “Messages.” Toggle off “iMessage” and “Group Messaging.” Open Messages again, enter multiple recipients, type in your message, and tap the arrow icon.
Below, we have written a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to send a mass text on an iPhone.
- Sending Mass Texts on an iPhone
- Sending Group Texts on an iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sending Mass Texts on an iPhone
If you’re struggling with how to send a mass text on your iPhone, our 4 step-by-step methods will help you do so without breaking a sweat!
Method #1: Using SMS
To send a mass text on an iPhone using SMS, use the following steps.
- Open Settings.
- Select “Messages.”
- Tap the toggle button beside “iMessage” until it turns gray.
- Toggle off “Group Messaging.”
- Open Messages, enter the recipient’s name/number, and press the arrow icon to send a mass text on your iPhone!
Method #2: Using the Shortcuts App
You can also send a mass text on your iPhone using the Shortcuts app with the following steps.
Step #1: Creating a New Shortcut
In the first step, open Shortcuts, tap “+,” and select “Add Action.” Now, search “Contacts,” choose “Select Contact,” and toggle the button beside “Select Multiple.”
Then, tap the search bar, choose “Scripting,” and select “Repeat with Each.” Then, use the search bar again to find “Messages,” choose “Send Message,” and drag the “Send Message” action before “End Repeat.”
Step #2: Entering a Message for a Mass Text
In the next step, search for “Text” and enter the message you would like to mass-text recipients. Then, tap “Message” between inverted commas in the “Send Message” field, choose “Text,” and tap “Done.”
Step #3: Executing the Shortcut
Finally, tap the “Play” button to execute the shortcut and add multiple contacts to send a mass text on an iPhone!
Method #3: Using the Hit Em Up App
Another way to send mass texts on your iPhone is by using the Hit Em Up app with the following steps.
- Open App Store.
- Search for the Hit Em Up app, tap “Get,” and launch the app once it has been installed.
- Tap “Contacts” and select multiple recipients you would like to mass text.
- Type in your message.
- Select “Preview/Send.”
- Choose “Send,” and that’s about it!
Method #4: Using WhatsApp
You can also use WhatsApp to send mass texts on an iPhone using a Broadcast List with the following steps.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap “Broadcast Lists.”
- Select “New List.”
- Choose multiple contacts.
- Tap “Create.”
- Type in your message and hit send to send a mass text using your iPhone successfully!
Sending Group Texts on an iPhone
If you’re looking to send texts to multiple contacts and get them to engage in a conversation, you can send group texts with the following methods.
Method #1: Using Messages
Follow these steps to send group texts using the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Open Messages.
- Tap the “Compose” icon.
- In the “To:” field, add the contacts you would like to send a group message to.
- Enter your message in the “Text Message/iMessage” field, tap the arrow icon, and you’re done!
Method #2: Using WhatsApp
Another way to send group texts on your iPhone is by using WhatsApp in the following way.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap “New Group,” select the contacts you want to add to the group, and press “Next.”
- Add the “Group Subject.”
- Tap “Create.”
- Enter your message, hit “Send,” and that’s about it!
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to send a mass text on an iPhone. We have also discussed sending group messages using your iPhone.
Hopefully, your problem is resolved in this article, and you can now send one text to multiple people at a time on your iPhone!
Frequently Asked Questions
The main difference between mass texts and group messages is that people can reply individually when you send them a mass text. At the same time, group messages initiate conversations between all group members.
Additionally, mass texts can target multiple people at once without a problem, while there is a set limit for group messages.