If you recently purchased an iPad, you must be busy setting up everything—from installing essential apps to adding email accounts. Everything is easy until you start adding email accounts on your iPad. Adding email accounts on your iPad as a new user could be tricky, and we understand that. To get help with this situation, you may be looking for the exact and accurate steps.
You can easily add the email accounts of all clients on your iPad. iPads come with a pre-installed email client that lets you add unlimited email accounts of any client. You don’t need to install third-party email apps like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. One thing you need to do is follow a few easy steps to add email accounts on your iPad.
We have created a comprehensive guide that helps you set up email accounts on your iPad. It includes three ways to add email accounts on your newly-bought iPad. You can follow any below-mentioned method as per convenience. Thus, read ahead and check how to set up email on iPad in a few steps.
How To Set Up Email on iPad on iOS 15
You can add an email account on your iPad either manually, automatically, or using IMAP information. We have explained all methods in this section. You can start setting up email accounts on your iPad by following any method.
Method #1: Set Up Email on iPad Manually
You can easily set up your email address on your iPad manually by inserting all the necessary email account details. The below-mentioned steps also explain the same. In addition, these steps only apply to iPads operating on iOS 15.
- Open the Settings on your iPad.
- Head to the “Mail” section.
- Select “Account” > “Add Account”.
- On the next screen, choose your email provider. For instance, select Gmail if you want to add a Gmail account.
- Sign in to your email account with the login credentials.
- Press the “Next” button to verify your account.
- Select “Save” to save your email account on your iPad.
That’s it! You can now use the added email account to log in to different websites and check emails easily.
You must follow the same steps whenever you want to add a new email account to your iPad. Additionally, you can set up as many email accounts as you want.
Method #2: Set Up Email on iPad Automatically
Apple also allows you to automatically set up your email address on your iPad by entering a few minor details. This is the easiest way to add your email accounts on your iPad effortlessly. We have mentioned the do the same in the below-mentioned steps.
Follow these steps and set up email on the iPad automatically.
- Open the Settings on your iPad.
- Go to “Mail” > “Accounts” > “Add Account” > “Other” > “Add Mail Account”.
- Enter essential information, like name, email, phone number, email address, etc.
- Wait a few seconds for the client to search for your account and add it automatically. Once it’s added, you will see a confirmation message.
If the system fails to fetch your email account information, you need to enter your email account’s IMAP or POP information. You can contact your email provider for the IMAP or POP.
Method #3: Set Up Email on iPad Using IMAP or POP
You can also set up an email account on your iPad using the IMAP and POP settings. If you’re not using email accounts, like Gmail, Yahoo, etc., you need to add them using IMAP or POP settings. You can ask your provider for the IMAP or POP information to log in on different devices.
Here’s how you can set up an email account using IMAP and POP.
- Head to your iPad’s Settings > “Passwords and Accounts”.
- Click “Add Account” > “Other” > “Add Mail Account” > “IMAP”.
- Fill in essential details, like name, email, and description.
- Enter “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server” details in their respective columns.
- Click “Done”.
How To Set Up Email on iPads With Pre-iOS 15
The steps for users having an iPad with an older version are different. You need to follow some extra steps compared to the iPad users running on iOS 15.
You can follow the below-mentioned to set up an email account on an iPad running on an older iOS version.
- Go to Settings > “Passwords and Accounts”.
- Click “Add Account” > “Other” > “Add Mail Account”.
- Enter the essential information, such as name, email, phone number, email address, etc. You’ll get a confirmation message once it fetches your account information and adds it.
You can effortlessly add an email on your iPad. You could find it tricky if you are new to this Apple ecosystem. But, this guide can definitely help you with this. You can try the abovementioned ways to add emails on the iPad.