The reminder list on our iPhones keeps our daily schedules and activities organized, preventing us from missing out on essential tasks in our daily lives.
However, these reminders are not only beneficial for our personal use alone, but they are also helpful when our work is team-based. In this case, you will have to share your reminders list with other team members to keep everyone on track. This article will show you how to share a reminders list on your iPhone.
There is a share button on your Reminders app to help you share your reminder lists with your contacts or another social media account. On your Reminders app, click on “Reminders“, and the menu button will display the share icon for you to share it.
As you continue this article, you will learn how to backup and export reminders on your iPhone and your Mac computer. However, let’s first see the step-by-step process of sharing a list on the iPhone.
How To Share Lists on iPhone
Here are the steps to share a list on your iPhone.
- Go to your home screen and open the Reminders app on your iPhone.
- Click on any of the items under “My Lists“. For example, click on “Reminders“.
- Go to your top-right corner and click on the triple dot icon. This action will bring out a list of prompts you can take.
- Click on “Share Lists“.
- Choose from the several means available to share your lists: Message app, email, and social media – such as Twitter, Whatsapp, and Discord.
To share it via the Contact app, type in the name of the contact you want to share it with; if you want to share it via email, type in the receiver’s email address. And to share it via social media, select the social media profile of the person you are sharing it with.
Why Can’t You Share My Reminders List on Your iPhone?
Having an iPhone that is not iOS 13 and above will prevent you or the receiver from sharing or receiving the reminder list. Also, if you have any accounts synchronizing your reminders, it will prevent you from sharing your reminders list.
Here is a list of how to fix reminders not shared on the iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone. Most times, restarting a phone will get it back to functioning normally.
- Share your reminders to a different phone contact and see if it works.
- Turn off any accounts currently synchronizing your reminders. To turn it off, go to Settings > “Passwords & Accounts“. If any accounts are synchronizing your reminders, switch them off.
- Force stop your Reminders app and restart your iPhone.
Can You Export Reminders on Your iPhone?
Yes, you can export reminders to another storage location on an iPhone. However, this is not exactly an export but a duplication of the reminders list in another storage location.
You have to copy the reminders list, paste it as a text document, and save the document in another location.
Here is how to save your reminders list in another document.
- Open your iPhone Reminders app; under the “My Lists” section, click on “Reminders“.
- Tap the menu button on the top-right corner.
- Click on “Print” and save it as a PDF. You can move the PDF file to another storage location by going to your File Manager. Alternatively, you can save it in a text format when you copy and paste it into your document app.
How Do You Backup Reminders on iPhone to the Cloud?
Backing up reminders is a very safe way to keep your reminders list and retrieve them whenever you want by just signing in on iCloud.
Here are the steps to backup reminders on iPhone to iCloud.
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings app.
- Tap Apple ID > “iCloud“.
- Toggle the “Reminders” button. From here, your reminders list on your iPhone will start uploading to the cloud.
This method works for iOS devices, such as iPad and iPods.
How To Backup Reminders on Mac
On a Mac computer, you can backup reminders in the following ways.
- Go to System Preferences > “iCloud“.
- Click “Reminders” to let iCloud back it up. Once you click on it, your reminders list will display on your screen while they are being backed up.
How To Export Reminders on Mac
Here is how to export your reminders on your Mac to another location using the macOS Mojave version or earlier.
- Open “Reminders“.
- Select the reminder list you wish to export.
- Click on “File” and then “Export“.
- Type in a name for the new file, and choose a storage location for it.
- Lastly, tap “Export“.
Reminders list sharing is helpful for team collaboration in a workplace and other similar purposes. Knowing how to perform this simple task can keep all your members on the same level. You can save them to another storage location or export them to iCloud for very safe storage. This article has explained how you can go about these tasks.