By default, the battery icon at the right top corner on iPhones can estimate the battery’s amount of power. However, it cannot provide an exact percentage for the battery power.
So, people connect their iPhones to a power outlet to tell the percentage. The battery percentage will show when the iPhone is connected to a power outlet with a charger. Unfortunately, not everywhere you go will have a charging system. Thus, the need to know other methods to show the battery percentage on iPhone.
This article will uncover the four best methods to easily show your battery percentage on an iPhone. Let’s get started.
Method #1: Checking In the Status Bar
If you are using an older version iPhone such as iPhone 8 or iPhone SE, this method is for you. These older mobile versions don’t have a notch; hence they have enough space at the top to display the battery percentage. While some are set by default to show the battery percentage, others won’t unless they are set.
You can set it by yourself from the “Settings” app with the following simple steps:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “Battery” to open it.
- This opens a new page showing various options such as “Lower Power Mode” and “Battery Percentage.” Locate the “Battery Percentage” option and toggle it on.
- Close the app. After, the battery percentage will be shown in the status bar.
However, as we have stated, this method works on older version iPhones. Thus, if you use the latest iPhone versions, this method won’t work; especially if the phone has a notch. In that case, you can try the following methods.
Method #2: Using the Control Center
The Control Center of any iPhone provides instant access to vital controls such as screen brightness, volume, flashlight, and airplane mode. In addition, you can view the battery percentage from the Control Center in a two-step procedure.
- First, swipe down on the home screen from the top right corner.
- Various icons such as camera, flashlight, Bluetooth, etc., appear in the Control Center. You can view the battery percentage in the top right corner of the page showing the icons.
Method #3: Using the Widget
Since the release of the iPhone 6 and later versions, Apple has created a widget that can show battery percentage. The widget is available on your phone but not visible unless you go to its location. However, you can set it on your home screen, where you will conveniently see the phone battery percentage.
You can use the following simple steps to move the widget on the home screen. Remember, the steps are the same as adding any other widget to the home screen.
- Swipe your iPhone home screen from left to right. This takes you to the “Today” screen.
- Scroll down the page and locate the widget showing “Battery Percentage.”
- Long press the widget. As a result, two commands pop up, one showing “Remove Widget” and the other “Edit Home Screen.” Click on the “Edit Home Screen” option.
- Swipe the screen back to the home screen. You will see that the widget has been moved to the home screen. Now, you can long-press the widget and move it wherever you want it to appear.
Method #4: Asking Siri
Siri is a unique feature in the latest iPhone models that can call or send texts on command. As you can ask Siri to translate, find a location, and set a timer, you can also ask it to tell you the iPhone’s battery percentage.
The feature works through voice commands primarily. For instance, if you want to call someone, you can command “Call xx.”. So, to show battery percentage, you need to command Siri with related questions such as:
- “What is my battery percentage?”
- “Battery left.”
- “My battery percentage.”
- “Battery status.”
- “What is the battery charge?”
But first, you need to enable the app from your iPhone settings. Here is how to do so:
- Open “Settings.”
- Scroll down and locate “Siri & search.” Click on it to open.
- Make sure the “Allow Siri When Locked” and “Listen For Hey Siri” buttons are toggled on.
- Go back to the home screen. Tap the “Siri” icon and make any of the commands listed above. Siri will tell you the battery percentage.
Showing battery percentage on an iPhone is simple. If you use an older iPhone version, you don’t need to do much. Just view the percentage from the status bar. If it’s not appearing, you can go to settings and allow it to show in the status bar.
However, for the latest iPhone versions, you need to access the Control Center, widget, and Siri to see the battery percentage. But of course, you can use the three methods on older version iPhones if they allow.