Are you here seeking the best possible way to sign out of your App Store? If that’s a yes, prepare to face the answer. I know many people overcomplicate things, but signing out of the App Store is an easy task. However, the same can be troubling if you don’t know how to proceed.
Whether you want to get the job done right from the App Store itself or your browser, incorporating a few simple but accurate steps will do. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, that’s how easy the process is.
Keep reading as I’m about to uncover the same steps in the most digestible manner. Once you’re done reading the post, I promise you’ll never need to search for the exact query again.
How To Sign Out of the App Store
The desire to seek a way to sign out from the App Store can correspond to several situations. You might have two accounts that you occasionally want to switch between. Or, just like me, you’ve got an account with all the paid apps and the other that lists all the free ones. Seamlessly signing out from the App Store is desirable, whichever situation you’re in.
In addition to these, users have reported the activity of logging out from your iPhone or iPad’s App Store corresponding to any Apple ID and then signing back in using the other can help tackle many temporary trouble-causing bugs.
Signing Out of the App Store: The Browser Method
Before helping you learn how to sign out of the App Store smartphone utility, let’s quickly understand the process if you’re someone who prefers accessing apps from the browser. Here are the steps to follow.
- Boot up your iOS device, iPhone, or iPad.
- Head to the App Dock and launch the browser you wish to use.
- Visit the official Apple App Store.
- Find the profile information and confirm that you are currently logged in with the account that you want to get rid of.
- Click your user icon one more time. This will make a drop-down menu appear.
- Click the option that says “Sign Out“.
That does the job for you. However, before drawing the curtain, dedicate a few minutes and confirm that you are signed out. If so, you must see that the Apple Store allows you to sign in.
Signing Out of the App Store: The App Store Method
Now that you know how to deal with browser sign-outs, it is time to understand the process for the App Store itself. The process is not at all challenging, but you’ll need to proceed accordingly. Don’t worry; the following guide will drive all the confusion away.
Although the process is pretty similar throughout, some entities may differ according to the OS version you’re currently using.
- Boot up your iOS device.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name or account info.
- Select “Media & Purchases“.
- Proceed according to your current OS (iOS 14.5, iOS 14.6, or above).
If you’re using a device with iOS 14.5, follow these steps.
- Once you click “Media & Purchases“, a dialogue box will open. Locate and tap the little blue person icon on the top-left corner.
- You’ll then find several options; navigate to the bottom until you find “Sign Out of Store“. Click it.
Here are the steps if you’re using a device with iOS 14.6 or above.
- Locate and tap “Sign Out” in the dialog box.
- Confirm the action, and you’re ready to sign in with a different account.
With that, I’m done guiding you on how to sign out of the App Store. As promised, you can now seamlessly get the job done without hassle.