Are you trying to concentrate hard on a project and frustrated by the sound of incoming notifications on your iPad? Luckily, multiple workarounds exist to stop it from ringing.
To stop an iPad from ringing, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to access the Control Center, tap “Focus”, and choose “Do Not Disturb”.
To make things easier for you, we took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to stop an iPad from ringing.
- Stopping an iPad From Ringing
- Disabling FaceTime Calls Ringing on an iPad
- Frequently Asked Questions
Stopping an iPad From Ringing
If you’re struggling with how to stop an iPad from ringing, our following 6 step-by-step methods will help you complete this task without breaking a sweat!
Method #1: Using the Volume Buttons
Follow these steps to stop your iPad from ringing by lowering the ringer using the volume buttons.
- Locate the volume buttons on your iPad.
- Press the volume down button.
- Bring it to the minimum volume to stop your iPad from ringing.
Method #2: Using the Volume Slider
You can also stop an iPad from ringing by lowering the ringer using the volume slider.
- Access the Control Center by swiping downwards from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Locate the volume slider.
- Drag the volume slider downwards to lower the ringer.
- Once the volume is at the minimum level, your iPad will stop ringing!
Method #3: Using the Side Switch
If you are using an older iPad, use the side switch to stop it from ringing in the following way.
- Locate the side switch on your iPad.
- Slide the switch on the opposite side.
- The Silent mode is now active on your iPad, stopping it from ringing!
Method #4: Using AssistiveTouch
With the following steps, you can also stop your iPad from ringing using AssistiveTouch.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Accessibility”.
- Choose “Touch”, select “AssistiveTouch”, and tap the toggle button beside “AssistiveTouch” to turn it on.
- Once the feature is available on your screen, tap the translucent button.
- Select “Device”.
- Tap “Mute”, and you have now stopped your iPad from ringing.
Method #5: Using Sound Settings
It is also possible to stop your iPad from ringing using Sound Settings with the following steps.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Sounds & Haptics”.
- Drag the bar below “Ringtone and Alert Volume” to the lowest setting, and you’re done!
Method #6: Turning On Do Not Disturb
Another way to stop your iPad from ringing is by turning on the Do Not Disturb mode with the following steps.
- Access the Control Center by swiping down from the corner of the screen.
- Tap “Focus”.
- Select “Do Not Disturb”, and that’s about it!
Disabling FaceTime Calls Ringing on an iPad
If you want your iPad to stop ringing for the FaceTime calls on your iPhone, do these quick steps.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “FaceTime”.
- Toggle the button beside “Calls from iPhone” until it turns grey, and you’re done!
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to stop an iPad from ringing. We have also discussed what to do if you want your iPad to stop ringing for the FaceTime calls on your iPhone.
Hopefully, your question is answered, and you can now enjoy using your iPad without being annoyed by constant ringing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Fortunately, sending messages on iPad is now possible by using iMessage.
To activate iMessage, open Settings, tap “Messages”, and toggle the button beside “iMessage” to enable settings. Now, choose your Apple ID to receive and send iMessage to your friends and family!
If your iPad sound has faded with time, it may be due to accumulated gunk in your speakers.
To clean your iPad speakers, pick a soft-bristled toothbrush and use a gentle hand to brush the dirt off your speakers. Dip it in rubbing alcohol and repeat the brushing motion. Once the process is complete, test your speakers to check the fix!
To change notifications sound on an iPad, open Settings, tap “Sounds & Haptics”, and go to “Sounds and Haptic Patterns”. Choose a sound per your preference for each option to complete the task!