Many iPhone users complain that their phone goes off without prompting, whether in public or the comfort of their room. This becomes embarrassing, especially in noise-prohibited areas like religious gatherings.
In general, you can stop music on the iPhone in multiple ways. The methods range from a more accessible option (i.e., using the pause button) to an advanced option (i.e., using the Music app on iTunes).
The iPhone offers various apps to play music, from iOS Music to Spotify, so you can play music whenever you want! Once it’s over, you’ll just keep looking for the stop button, but there’s none!
Does your iPhone start playing randomly to the point it has become frustrating? Look no further! With the methods below, you’ll surely be able to fix this issue!
- Method #1: Stop Music on Your iPhone via the Pause Button
- Method #2: Stop Music on Your iPhone via Siri
- Method #3: Stop Music on Your iPhone via the Timer
- Method #4: Stop Music on Your iPhone via the iOS Music App
- Method #5: Stop Music on Your iPhone via Settings
- Frequently Asked Questions
Method #1: Stop Music on Your iPhone via the Pause Button
This is far from the easiest method. All you need to do is follow these steps.
- On your home screen, swipe with your finger or thumb in the upwards/downwards direction depending on the iPhone model.
- You will see various control options. Locate the “Music” tab.
- Tap on the pause button to stop the music currently playing.
- Tap on the home button by pressing the center button to go to the home screen.
- The music app will keep running and eventually inactivate on its own.
Method #2: Stop Music on Your iPhone via Siri
Siri is a voice recognition system found on all Apple devices. You can use it to control music playback. You can also use it to pause the music. Follow the steps given below to achieve this.
- Make sure you’re connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Long-press the home button until Siri opens up.
- Say, “Hey, Siri. Stop Music,” clearly.
- Siri will stop the music in a few seconds.
Method #3: Stop Music on Your iPhone via the Timer
The third method to pause music on the iPhone is through Timer. This method works wonderfully to fix the issue.
- Open the Clock app on your home screen.
- Tap on the “Timer” tab in the bottom right corner.
- Using the time picker, select the time you want.
- Tap on the “When Timer Ends” option.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Stop Playing”.
- Tap on the “Set” option in the top right corner.
- Start the timer; the music will stop playing when the timer ends.
Method #4: Stop Music on Your iPhone via the iOS Music App
In this app, the music keeps playing until told otherwise. Here’s how to stop music on the iOS Music app.
The iOS Music app and iTunes are different applications.
- Open iOS Music.
- Tap “Mini Player”. This will show the current song playing.
- Tap on the “Up Next” icon in the lower right corner. It looks like three dots and three lines stacked on each other.
- Tap on the “Autoplay” icon to disable the autoplay option. This icon looks like an infinity symbol.
The music will stop when one single song ends.
Method #5: Stop Music on Your iPhone via Settings
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap “iTunes and App Store”.
- Tap “Apple Music”.
- Toggle to switch to the right to turn off the app.
This issue can become a big, frustrating hassle. Before you go out to buy another device, make sure to test this issue. If you play Sherlock Holmes, you will be able to find the issue surrounding the causes of music playback!
The above methods require no extra skill implementation. These are pretty simple as well and are thoroughly tested. If you have problems with your iTunes app, you can try other music apps for iOs, for instance, AnyTrans or Spotify. We hope these methods will help you stop music from playing randomly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nothing happens; only the app turns off. If you think that all your history and preferences will vanish into thin air, that’s not the case. Your iTunes library and all your music will be there.
The Apple Music app is a streaming service; hence, it’s always running. It constantly updates itself to make sure you get up-to-date songs and albums. It needs to be running so you can have offline content.
Apple Music does not turn off automatically when you are not listening to music. It only inactivates under certain conditions. If your phone is locked or in Sleep Mode, the app will not work.
There could be two reasons behind this. Either your Apple Music subscription has expired, or your credit card has expired. Apart from that, it could also be a glitch. Check your internet connection. If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart your device.