Are you trying to enjoy your favorite song on your iPhone, but the notifications from other apps keep running the fun for you? Luckily, you can stop this from happening without much difficulty.
To stop notifications from interrupting music on your iPhone, head to Settings > “Notifications”, choose an app, and tap the toggle next to “Allow Notifications” to turn it off. Repeat the same steps to disable all other notifications from various apps you commonly use on your iPhone.
To make things easy for you, we took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to stop notifications from interrupting music on your iPhone.
- Stopping Notifications From Interrupting Music on Your iPhone
- Clearing Notifications on Your iPhone
Stopping Notifications From Interrupting Music on Your iPhone
If you don’t know how to stop notifications from interrupting music on your iPhone, our following 4 step-by-step methods will help you get this done in no time.
Method #1: Disabling App Notifications
The best way to disable notifications while listening to music on an iPhone is through the Notification settings in the following way.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Notifications”.
- Scroll to the app with notifications you want to stop receiving and tap it.
- Tap the toggle next to the “Allow Notifications” option to turn it off, and that’s about it!
Repeat the same process to disable notifications for all the apps you use on your iPhone while listening to a song. After you have quality time, enable the notification for each app by toggling the switch next to the “Allow Notifications” option to turn it on.
Method #2: Using Do Not Disturb Mode
Another way to stop receiving notifications while listening to music on your iPhone is by enabling the Do Not Disturb mode with these steps.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Focus”.
- Tap “Do Not Disturb”.
- Tap the toggle next to the “Do Not Disturb” option to enable it on your device.
You won’t get any notifications for the remainder of your music time. You can also activate the Do Not Disturb mode by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone screen and tapping on the half-moon icon in the Control Center.
Method #3: Using Silent Mode
One of the quickest ways to stop notifications from interrupting your music experience is to activate Silent Mode on your iPhone by doing these steps.
- Grab your iPhone and tilt it a little to see its left side.
- Locate the switch.
- Move the switch with your finger, so you see the orange strip behind it, meaning Silent Mode is activated.
Although you will still receive notifications from different apps, you won’t be able to hear them while dancing to a rhythm. You can also set your iPhone to vibrate on incoming notifications by going to Settings > “Sound and Haptics” or “Settings” > “Sound” and selecting “Vibrate” under Silent Mode.
Method #4: Using the Notification Center
With these quick steps, it is possible to turn off notifications of one or more apps through the Notification Center.
- While listening to music, swipe left over a notification.
- Tap “Turn off all Notifications” at the bottom for the particular app, and you’re done!
Method #5: Muting Notifications From the Notification Center
Instead of disabling app notifications from the Settings menu or the Notification Center, you can mute them in the following way.
- Unlock your iPhone and swipe left over a received notification or group of notifications.
- Choose one of the two actions below.
- Tap “Mute for 1 hour” if you want to listen to music for a limited time without interruptions.
- Tap “Mute for Today” to enjoy the whole album of your favorite artist for a long time.
If you want to change the notification style or setting for a specific app, tap “View Settings” and customize accordingly.
Clearing Notifications on Your iPhone
Sometimes ignoring the notifications on your iPhone even for a few hours results in a pile-up in the Notification Center. So before stopping them from interrupting your joy of listening to a beat, you can clear them quickly with these steps.
- Swipe up from your iPhone’s top left or bottom to access the Notification Center.
- Swipe left on a notification and tap “Clear”.
- To clear all notifications, tap “X” next to the Notification Center, and the button will change to “Clear”.
- Tap “Clear”, and now your Notification Center will be empty, and you can disable the notifications using the above methods to avoid another pile-up.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to stop notifications from interrupting music on your iPhone by disabling them under the Settings menu and using the Do Not Disturb mode, Silent switch, and Notification Center.
We’ve also discussed muting single or group notifications for limited hours or a day.
Hopefully, your query is resolved in this article, and you won’t be disturbed by the annoying alerts running your fun time.