While we live in a highly interconnected world today, international policies and laws differ from one region to another. This is why if you live in the United States and travel abroad, you can’t access some of the apps typically available in the App Store. And when this happens, you’ll be forced to switch to the US App Store to access these apps.
This is possible if you wish to switch to the US App Store, but it isn’t that straightforward. Luckily, you can do this by following these methods.
• Change the country settings on the App Store.
• Create a second Apple ID account for a different country.
Once you’re done with these steps, you’ll be able to set up your location in the United States and be ready to proceed. Therefore, you’ll get access to more apps than before when your location reflected you weren’t in the USA.
This guide will also look at a few frequently asked questions related to changing the location on the Apple App Store. With that said, let’s begin.
Method #1: Change the Country Settings on the App Store
Switching to the American Apple App Store isn’t as complicated as many assume, and here are the steps you should follow.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Scroll down until you see “iTunes & App Store”. For newer iOS 10.3 and newer, you should click on your name and select “iTunes & App Store”.
- Click on your Apple ID and select “View Apple ID” because this information might be required when signing in.
- Click on “Country/Region”.
- Press the option “Change Country or Region”, and choose the new country or region you wish to switch to, in this case, the United States. After that, tap “Next”.
- In the top right-hand corner, tap “Agree” to consent to the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions. After that, click “Agree” to confirm your choice.
- Choose the payment method valid in the United States, enter the new billing address and payment details, and then click “Next”.
After making this switch to the US Apple App Store, you don’t need to repeat these steps on your other Apple gadgets on the same account. This is because the change will automatically synchronize with all your other Apple gadgets.
Method #2: Create a Second Apple ID Account for a Different Country
You can also switch to the American Apple App Store by creating a second Apple ID account. This method is ideal if you want to switch to the US App Store temporarily. Therefore, you won’t be required to provide a valid payment method in the US and can easily switch to your old account and this new one.
This is the simplest way to access the Apple App Store, and here’s a look at the steps you should follow.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on your name and sign out.
- Launch the Apple App Store and click the “Account” icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the option “Create New Apple ID”.
- Choose “United States” below the email address and password spaces.
- Click “Next” and enter all the requested information in the Apple ID field. Tap on “None” if there’s no specific payment method you have, but you’ll still need to enter the billing address to use in the United States.
- Click “Done” once you’re through creating your new account.
Every country gets a different version of the Apple App Store, which affects the apps, movies, music, and other media you can find there. And even if two App Stores share similar content, it’s only from the store where you made the purchase that you’ll be allowed access to the bought media.
If you still wish to switch to the US Apple App Store despite these shortcomings, this guide has elaborated on how you can achieve this by following the above-discussed steps. Consequently, you’ll be able to seamlessly switch to an American App Store and access the desired content you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it’s no doubt legal to change the location of your App Store. You can do this using a proxy server, a GPS spoofing app, or a VPN. With that said, you should remember that these options don’t guarantee the safety of your private details. In addition, they lack extra privacy features to safeguard your online activity and identity.
It’s also important to know that changing the location of your App Store isn’t illegal, and it does violate the Terms of Service by Apple. Because of this, you might be unable to make payments using a credit or debit card linked to your location. Luckily, you can circumvent this issue by using a gift card when purchasing from the Apple App Store.
No, your Apple Music library won’t be lost for switching to the American App Store. However, your Apple Music library will start to receive new music available in the United States.