The sync feature offered by Apple is amazing as it lets you access the same files across your Apple devices. You can even sync all of your notes. However, many people don’t know how to do this, as the process can initially seem complicated. If you are currently stuck in a similar situation, continue reading our guide to learn how to sync notes from iPhone to Mac.
The quickest way to sync notes from iPhone to Mac is using iCloud. In your iPhone’s settings, tap your Apple ID and open iCloud. Now, enable the “Notes” option, after which all your notes will be synced to your Mac.
Sometimes you write down some important stuff in the Notes application on your iPhone, but you also want it to appear on your Mac. Many think their only option is to copy and paste the text to the Notes application on Mac. However, this is not the case at all.
How to Sync Notes from iPhone to Mac
The sync feature lets you read all your notes stored on your iPhone from the Mac. To do this, you must ensure that both devices are running on the same Apple ID. Otherwise, it won’t sync the data.
After you have logged in to both devices using the same Apple ID, you can sync the notes by following the below steps.
- Open your iPhone and go to its Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID, which can be found at the top.
- From here, you need to tap “iCloud”.
- Find an option named “Notes”.
- Tap the toggle next to it.
After you tap on the toggle and it turns green, all your notes will be uploaded to the iCloud. In other words, you can now access them through your Mac. But before this, you will also need to enable iCloud on your Mac.
- Go to the Settings of your Mac by opening System Preferences.
- Click iCloud and then sign in to your account. Make sure to use the same Apple ID used on the iPhone.
- Click the box next to the “Notes” option.
Once done, the notes on your Mac will be synced with iCloud. You can then read the notes stored on your iPhone from your Mac and vice versa.
Alternatively, you can use your Gmail account to sync notes from iPhone to Mac. You will first need to connect your Gmail account to both devices.
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Tap “Mail” and then select Accounts.
- Tap “Add Accounts” and then enter your Gmail details.
- Go back to the Mail app and access “Accounts”.
- Tap “Gmail” and tap the toggle button next to “Notes”.
- Open your Mac and launch the “Notes application” on it.
- Click “Notes”, which can be found in the top-left corner.
- Click “Account” and select “Google” from the list of options that will appear.
- Add your Gmail details, and then check the box next to “Notes”.
Once done, you can access all of your notes synced with Gmail on both devices.
This was everything you needed to know about how to sync Notes from iPhone to Mac. As you can see, the process is pretty easy as you just need to enable the option from iCloud. Furthermore, if you are not a big fan of iCloud, you can also use Gmail. Both methods work flawlessly and allow you to read the same notes from both devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
It will take only a few seconds for the notes to get synced from your iPhone to your Mac. The process isn’t time-consuming. You only need to enable Notes in iCloud, after which they will get synced instantly.
Both options work perfectly and can help you sync notes from iPhone to Mac. If you prefer using iCloud, you can choose this option. But those who use Gmail more frequently should sync the notes using it.
Yes, using the same Apple ID on both devices is necessary. If you try using different IDs, you cannot sync the notes.
Sometimes, errors can prevent you from syncing notes from your iPhone to your Mac. In such cases, it is recommended to restart your iPhone and Mac. Furthermore, you also need to sign out of iCloud and back in again.