Generally, iPhones come with different storage capacities. So even if you are using the latest version of the iPhone does not mean it will come with more storage capacity. If your iPhone does not come with 32GB of storage space, it may come with either 64GB, 1128GB, 256GB, or 512GB. But how can you tell how many GB your iPhone comes with?
You can check four ways to know how many GB comes with your iPhone. You can check through the Settings app on your iPhone. Another method is to use iTunes or Finder on a PC. The third is to use the IMEI on your iPhone. And finally, you can simply check the receipt or package of the iPhone.
It is vital to know how much storage comes with an iPhone because the iPhone comes with limited storage space. In other words, you cannot insert an SD memory card into it to extend the storage space. Additionally, iOS devices do not support OTG, making it impossible to increase your storage capacity. So, you only get to use the storage space on your iPhone.
This guide will discuss the different ways to check your iPhone storage capacity.
Four Ways To Check Your iPhone Storage Capacity
The device tends to run into issues when your iPhone storage space is low. For example, you wouldn’t be able to sync media files, install an OS update, or even do anything that may require using your space. Hence, before installing that application or video recording that party, be sure you have enough storage capacity.
Whatever the reason you need to check your iPhone storage capacity, one of these methods should do the trick.
Method #1: Using iPhone Settings Menu
If you need to check your iPhone’s settings, we recommend you use the iPhone Settings app. The reason we make this recommendation is that it does not only display how much storage comes with your iPhone but also how much storage space is left. This information is helpful as it lets you know if you need to delete some things on your device to free up space.
Here’s how to check your iPhone storage capacity using the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “General” from the list of options.
- In the “General” menu, you will see the option “About”; select it.
- In the “About” menu, scroll down to view your storage and available storage capacity details.
On some newer versions of iPhone, after following steps 1 and 2, instead of looking for the “About” option, look for the option “[Device] Storage” to view the storage capacity on your iPhone.
Method #2: Using iTunes or Finder
Another great way to check your iPhone storage space capacity is to use the iTunes or Finder app on your device. Using this method also lets you see how much storage space you have left and how much of your storage space each content type uses. However, for this method to work, you must have access to a Mac.
Here’s how to check your iPhone storage capacity using iTunes.
- Open Finder if you use a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.5 or later, or iTunes if you use a Mac with Major 10.14.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Select your device in iTunes or Finder.
- You will see a bar that displays how much storage your iPhone has and how much storage each content uses.
Method #3: Using IMEI or ICCID
If you cannot connect the iPhone to a PC or access the Settings app, there is yet another way to check your storage space efficiently. For this method, you will need to know the IMEI number of your device. The IMEI number is often printed on the back of most iPhones or the SIM tray.
Here’s how to check your iPhone storage space capacity using IMEI.
- Find and write down the IMEI number of your iPhone.
- Open an IMEI checker website such as SndeepInfo, IMEI info, etc.
- These websites track the model of your iPhone and display a list of all the essential information.
Method #4: Receipt and Packaging
Finally, you can check the storage capacity of your iPhone using the original receipt that comes with your device or the packaging. This method only works if you use a brand new device and still have access to the receipt and packaging box.
Here’s how to check your iPhone storage capacity using your original packaging receipt.
- When you buy a brand new iPhone, on the receipt you are given, the model of the device and storage space is often written on the receipt.
- However, you can check the iPhone packaging box if you don’t find it on the receipt.
Overall, checking how much storage space is on your iPhone is simpler than you may think. Thankfully, the iPhone has an optimization option that recommends optimizing your storage. Knowing how much storage capacity comes with your device and how much of it is still available will help you better plan on how to manage your storage usage.