GIFs have made communication with friends and family quite exciting and fun. These short, animated images are often an accurate depiction of your thought, feeling, or mood. With the latest apps and features, you can send a GIF to your contacts on Android devices.
It is possible to text a GIF on your Android device. Find and download a GIF in your “Gallery” from the web to do this. Next, launch the “Messages” app and select a contact. Now tap on the “+” icon, choose the downloaded GIF from the “Gallery”, and tap “Send”.
GIFs are used not just by the general public to express themselves on the internet, but companies also use them to promote their product.
However, you might be wondering how to text a GIF on Android. Therefore, we took the time to write a complete guide for you with easy methods and steps to help you do this task effortlessly.
Why Text GIF on Android
There are several benefits of texting GIFs using your Android device, such as:
- Easier to send a GIF than write a text on your Android device.
- To add an element of humor to your conversation.
- The movement and emotion part of a GIF conveys your message better in comparison to a still image.
Texting a GIF on Android
Sending a GIF is relatively easy with the latest devices. Here are the three step-by-step methods for texting a GIF on Android.
Method #1: Texting GIF Using Messages App
Following these steps is pretty simple to attach a GIF file to a text message using the “Messages” app.
Step #1: Selecting Contact
Download a GIF from the internet and save it in your “Gallery”. Next, launch the “Messages” app from your Android phone’s app drawer. Tap “+” in the bottom right corner of the app and select a contact to whom you want to send a message.
Step #2: Selecting GIF
A message text screen will open. Tap on the “+” sign on the left side of the screen. Some phones may have a “Paperclip” icon instead of “+”. Now, tap the image icon, and afterward, tap “Gallery” to select the GIF you have downloaded.
Step #3: Sending GIF
Once the GIF has been added to the preview image of the text message, press the “Send” button to send it to your desired contact.
Method #2: Using GIPHY App
GIPHY is one of the world’s most extensive libraries of animated GIFs. You can use the app to create and add and text GIFs to a contact. To do it:
- Download, install and set up the “GIPHY” app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and search for GIFs by name or keyword in the search bar or tap the tab at the top of the screen to search for GIF by category.
- Choose a GIF. This will open a large display of the GIF with sharing options.
- Next, tap the green “Message” icon and select a contact.
- Finally, tap on the “Paper Airplane” icon on the bottom right corner of the screen to send the GIF to the selected contact.
Many other GIF apps are available on Android, for instance, Imgur, GIF Maker, etc.
Method #3: Using Gboard App
You can download the “GIF keyboard” or “Gboard” to access a number of GIFs directly. Here is how:
- Download and install the “Gboard” app and set it up as the default keyboard application on your Android device.
- Next, open the default “Messages” app from your “Home” screen.
- Start a new text message or open an ongoing chat.
- Tap on the text field to open the “Gboard” keyboard and select the smiley icon on the bottom left side of the keyboard.
Tap GIF to search for a GIF; once selected, add it to the text message and hit “Send”.
In this guide on how to text a GIF on Android, we have looked into the benefits of using GIFs for better, informal, and professional communication. We’ve also discussed multiple methods to quickly select and send the GIFS to your friends, family, and customers.
Hopefully, now you can easily incorporate GIFs in your texting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gboard GIF might not be working because either the app needs to be updated or you need to clear the cache.
Also, you can restart your phone, as often smartphone software-related issues get resolved once you shut down the phone and restart it.
Open WhatsApp and tap on the existing Chat or start a new one. Select the smiley face icon next to the message box on the Android phone. Next, select the GIF option from the bottom menu. Finally, search and choose the GIF you want to send and press the Send (Forward Arrow) button.