Are you wondering how to tip your Lyft drivers for their excellent service? Fortunately, there are multiple workarounds to do this using the Lyft app.
To tip on the Lyft app, open the app on your mobile during the ride and select a tip amount from the bar below the driver’s profile. You can also select “Custom” and choose a tip amount. Tap “Next”, select a rating, leave a review, and tap “Submit”. The tip amount will be added to the total bill.
We have compiled a comprehensive guide for you explaining some reasons for tipping on the Lyft app and how you can do this with easy-to-follow methods.
Why Tip on the Lyft App
Some reasons for tipping on the Lyft app are mentioned below.
- To appreciate drivers for their excellent service during the ride.
- Drivers don’t receive the total riding cost you pay, but they get 100% of your tip.
- To help drivers cover car expenses, including maintenance, repair, taxes, etc.
- For providing drivers with extra money for fuel.
- To compensate the drivers for covering the entire expense for the dead miles.
Tipping on the Lyft App
If you are wondering how to tip on the Lyft app, our 4 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much hassle.
Method #1: Tipping During the Ride
It is possible to tip on the Lyft app during the ride with these steps.
- Launch the Lyft app on your phone.
- You will see options “No tip”, “$1”, “$2”, “$5”, and “Custom” on the bar below the driver’s profile picture.
- Select a tip amount from the bar. To enter a tip amount of your choice, select the “Custom” option.
- Tap “Next” to add the tip amount to the total bill.
- Select a rating and leave a review if you want in the “Comments” section.
- Select “Submit” to deliver the tip and add a rating to the driver.
Method #2: Tipping After the Ride
You can tip your driver on the Lyft app within 72 hours of the ride using these steps.
- Launch the Lyft app on your phone.
- Select the three-dot icon on the left and tap “Ride History”.
- From all the rides appearing on your screen, tap the one for which you want to tip.
- Tap the “Tip driver” option.
- Select an amount from the bar or tap “Custom” to enter a number of your choice.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to tip your driver on the Lyft app successfully.
Method #3: Default Tipping
You can also use the default tipping feature on your Lyft app to select an amount or percentage that can be tipped for every ride.
The default tip feature on the Lyft app is limited to iOS users.
- Open the Lyft app and tap the three-dot icon at the top-left of the screen.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Set Default Tip”.
- Choose the “Percentage” or “Dollars” option from the screen.
- If you’ve selected “Dollars”, tap an amount from the bar below it or tap the three-dot bar.
- Use the “+” and “-” icons under the “Custom tip” option to select the amount.
- Once you’ve chosen an amount, tap “Done” to complete the process.
You have successfully selected a default tip for every ride on your Lyft app.
Method #4: Tipping After 72 Hours of the Ride
If you want to tip your Lyft driver but 72 hours have passed since you have taken the ride, you can do so by contacting customer support with these steps.
- Open the Lyft app and tap the three-dot icon at the top-left corner.
- Select “Help” from the menu.
- Tap “Fare, charges, and fees”.
- Following the prompts, you can request customer support to send a tip to your Lyft driver.
You will most likely receive a response from the customer support service within 24 hours.
Tipping via the Lyft Help Center
With these steps, it is also possible to send a tip through the official help center of Lyft on your PC.
- On your PC, go to the official help center of Lyft.
- Scroll down to reach the bottom of the page and click “Contact Support”.
- Fill in the contact form by putting all the information (i.e., email address, reason, and phone number); some additional sections will appear below.
- Write about the issue you are facing (i.e., unable to send a tip) in the description box and upload the relevant attachments (screenshot of the ride you want to tip for).
- Hit the “ReCAPTCHA” to confirm you are not a robot and select “Submit” to complete the process.
- Wait until your query is answered. This may take 24 hours to a week, so be patient during the process.
In this guide, we have looked into some reasons for tipping the drivers on the Lyft app and explored some methods for tipping them for their excellent service.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now appreciate Lyft drivers by tipping them during or after the ride.