Are you planning to shift from an Android to an iPhone, but the fear of losing all your contacts is stopping you? Well, your fear would have been justified if it was 2015, but that’s not the case anymore.
With the advancements in the mobile phone market over the last few years, transferring your contacts from one device to another has never been easier.
- Transferring Your Contacts From Android to iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Transferring Your Contacts From Android to iPhone
There are a few ways you can transfer your contacts from an Android to an iPhone. This guide will walk you through all the methods and steps required to do so. However, some of these methods may require you to take your SIM card out physically.
Method #1: Using Move to IOS
Move to IOS is an app created by Apple Inc; it provides the user with a seamless data transfer experience between an Android and an iPhone. The app is available for free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Step #1: Installing Move to IOS
You can install Move To IOS on your Android device by following these few steps:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search Move to IOS on the Search Bar.
- Press Install to start downloading the app.
Before downloading the app on your Android device, check your storage to know whether you have enough space on your phone.
Step #2: Connecting to an iPhone
To connect to an iPhone, you need to go to your iPhone’s App and Data settings. From here, you need to choose the Move Data From Android option. Once selected, the iPhone will generate a six-digit code. To connect both Phones, follow these steps:
- Go to the Move to IOS app and follow the instructions until it asks you for a code.
- Enter the six-digit code provided by your iPhone.
- Now press Ok to connect both your devices.
Once connected, the app will provide you with a list of all the categories from which you can transfer data.
Step #3: Choose Transfer Contacts
From the list of all the available categories, select the Contacts category and press Continue. You will start transferring all your contacts from your Android device to your iPhone by pressing Continue.
Ensure that your mobile phone battery doesn’t run out during the sharing process, as it can lead to data corruption.
Method #2: Using Google Account to Transfer Contacts
If you have a Google account, it can be used to transfer your contacts. To transfer your contacts, all you need to do is:
- Go to your mobile Settings > User & Accounts.
- Find your Google account.
- Choose the Google account in which you want to back up your Contacts.
- Press Sync all to sync your contacts.
- Unselect everything except contacts if you don’t want to sync all your information.
- Now go to your iPhone, sign in to your Google account, and press Sync.
Method #3: Switching your SIM Card
When you save a contact on your Android device, there is an option to save your contacts in your SIM. By keeping your contacts in your SIM, you can simply transfer your contacts by transferring your SIM Card.
To transfer your contacts using your SIM:
- Move all of your contacts to your SIM.
- Turn Off your devices.
- Open the SIM tray on your android device and take your SIM card out.
- Make sure that your SIM card is the right size for your iPhone.
- Transfer your SIM card to your iPhone.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to transfer your contacts. After you are done transferring your SIM card, turn on your device, and you will be able to see the transferred contacts.
There are, in total, three sizes of SIM cards: Standard, Micro, and Nano. Furthermore, the newer iPhone models use either the Nano SIM or E-SIM, an electronic chip already installed inside the device.
Method #4: Using vCard to transfer contacts
The last way to transfer contacts from your Android device to an iPhone is by using vCards. Every modern android device is capable of making vCards; all you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Go to your Contacts > Settings> Import/Export.
- Inside Import/Export, go to Export and select Export to storage. By selecting Export to storage, your device will make a vCard list containing all of the contacts in your device.
- Send it to your iPhone, preferably through an Email.
- Now go to your iPhone and check your Email.
- Once you open your mail download the vCard sent as an attachment.
- Press on vCard > Add All Contacts to transfer your contacts.
After you transfer your contacts, don’t delete the vCard, as they can always come in handy. Instead, make a backup for it.
Now that you have gone through all the methods that can be used to transfer your contacts, you will be able to have a seamless transfer experience from your Android device to an iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use your Google account or the Move to IOS to transfer your contacts. If none of the above-mentioned techniques works, you can always use vCards to transfer your contacts.
There are a few ways to transfer your Data from Android to iPhone, but the easiest way to do so is by using the Move to IOS app. If Move to IOS isn’t available for you, there are third-party apps you can use.
You can sync your iPhone contact to your Google account by going to your contacts. Inside contacts, scroll down until you see the add an account option; press Add account > Google to sync your Google account.