Green Dot is famous for its cashback rewards in the US, as well as its high-yield savings account. It allows you to make different online transactions like money transfers and bill payments. It also supports different mobile wallets for accepting withdrawals and loading money. One such app is the Cash app.
To transfer money from Green Dot to the Cash App, you need to add your Green Dot card to the linked accounts in your Cash App and then authorize the amount you want to transfer. Alternatively, you can use PayPal.
Let’s take an in-depth look into how you can transfer money from Green Dot to the Cash app.
How Do Green Dot and Cash App Work?
Cash App is a mobile wallet that makes it possible to receive and send money from relatives, friends, employers, and clients. When you open an account with Cash App, you get a unique username that others can use to send money. Alternatively, they can use your phone number or email.
Meanwhile, Green Dot mainly works using prepaid debit cards, and you can apply for your card online or go to any participating retailer. These cards make it easy to carry a substantial amount with you. Plus, there’s less chance of theft since you can just lock your card if it’s stolen.
How To Transfer Money From Green Dot to Cash App
You can link Green Dot’s cashback unlimited black card to the Cash App, but other cards might not work. You can get 2% cashback on mobile and online purchases with an unlimited card. You also get a savings account that lets you pay a 3% annual yield on savings of up to $10,000.
So, to transfer money from Green Dot to Cash App here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone and go to your account.
- Go to “Linked Accounts” and add Green Dot’s black card there.
- On Cash App’s home screen, go to the “Banking” tab and tap on “Add Cash”.
- Here, put in the amount you want to add and authorize the transaction either by using touch ID or typing the Cash App PIN.
- Once that is done, money will be transferred from the Green Dot card to your Cash App.
It can take 20-30 minutes to an hour for the unlimited cashback to activate. Until then, you won’t be able to redeem it.
Alternative Method: Using PayPal
You can also send money from Green Dot to Cash App by using PayPal.
For this method, you will first have to add the Green Dot card to PayPal, and then you can send it to Cash App. Here’s how:
- Go to PayPal’s website and sign in.
- Go to “Add Funds”.
- Choose “Add Funds” from MoneyPak.
- You’ll be directed to the Add Funds page. Here, enter your MoneyPak Number.
- Fill out the security characters and click on “Continue”.
- You’ll see a “Submit Info” form. Here, enter the required information, i.e., your name, date of birth, address, and SSN.
- Double-check all the information to make sure it’s correct, and click on “Continue”.
- You will now be directed to the “Get Confirmation” page. Here, select “OK”.
- You’re almost done. Go to your email inbox and click on the confirmation link to finish the setup process.
- Go back to your PayPal profile and add money from the Green Dot card to PayPal.
There are many perks of using the Green Dot card, and you can even link it to your Cash App account whenever you want to send money. You just need Green Dot’s unlimited black card or the MoneyPak card to transfer whatever amount you want.
Getting a card is also easy, even if you have a poor credit score. So you can easily transfer your required amount from Green Dot to Cash App.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is possible to easily send money from Green Dot using a card to any bank account.
Yes, you can easily transfer money from Green Dot to PayPal through PayPal CASH.
Yes, you can transfer money from the Green Dot card to your Netspend card. Log into Netspend and enter Green Dot’s account number and routing to link the two cards. Then, you can schedule the money transfer. Note that transfers are free but can take up to 3 business days.
The app supports credit and debit cards from Discover, American Express, MasterCard, and Visa. It also supports most prepaid cards, but you can’t deposit these cards. However, it does not support business debit cards or ATM cards.