Laptops are usually better for saving photos and videos than USBs and mobile devices. However, quite a few users are finding it difficult to go through the process of importing videos from their laptops to iPhones.
You can easily transfer videos from laptop to iPhone either with iTunes or without iTunes by using dropbox, via a USB cable, through your iCloud Drive, or by downloading an iPhone Transfer Software.
iPhone software is a little more complicated than Android. So if you are frustrated, we took the time to write an informative guide on how to quickly transfer videos from laptop to iPhone.
Transfer Videos With iTunes
If you have iTunes installed on your Windows or Mac laptop, you can easily transfer videos to your iPhone in the following way.
- First, open your iTunes account on your laptop.
- Next, plug in your iPhone to the laptop via a USB cable.
- Now choose your device in iTunes when prompted.
- Click on the sidebar and select “File Sharing.”
- Finally, drag and drop videos from a folder and copy them to your iPhone.
If you don’t see any file sharing option, this means your device does not have any file sharing app installed on it.
Transfer Videos Without iTunes
If you don’t have iTunes installed on your laptop, our step-by-step guide will show you different ways to go through the process by using alternative methods.
So without any delay, here are the convenient four methods for transferring videos from laptop to iPhone without iTunes.
Method #1: Using USB Cable
You can use a USB cable and connect your laptop to your iPhone to transfer videos. To do this:
- Plug your iPhone into a USB port on your laptop using a lightning cable.
- Tap “Accept” when it says “Authorize Your Device.”
- Open the “Explorer” window and choose the “This PC” option.
- Now open the “iPhone DCIM” folder on your laptop and locate the 101Apple or 102Apple folders.
- Finally, drag and drop the videos to any folders and watch videos on your iPhone.
Make sure the laptop recognizes your iPhone when you plug your phone into it.
Method #2: Using iCloud
You can use the iCloud Drive to transfer videos from your laptop to your iPhone in the following way.
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos > My Photo Stream on your iPhone.
- Now launch the iCloud app on your laptop and go to Photos > Options.
- Next, enable the iCloud Photo Library option and tick “Upload New Photos and Videos From My PC.”
- Finally, click on the “Change” option to choose the folder you want to transfer videos from laptop to iPhone.
To use iCloud, you must ensure that you have logged in with the same Apple ID on your laptop and iPhone. It would be best to consider using the same WiFi network to access both devices.
Method #3: Using an iPhone Transfer Software
Third-party file transfer software is a great choice when you have a bulk of videos to shift from a laptop to your iPhone. One of the best iPhone transfer software is Dr.fone, and you can utilize it in the following way.
- First, install the Dr.Fone app on your laptop; open it and select “Transfer.”
- Now connect your iPhone to the laptop with a USB cable.
- After you authorize your laptop, Dr.Fone will automatically detect iPhone.
- Next, navigate to Videos > Import and choose your video files on your laptop.
- Finally, click the “Add Files” option to import your laptop videos to your iPhone.
Method #4: Using Dropbox
You can also use Dropbox to save your laptop videos on your iPhone. To do this:
- Install Dropbox on your laptop and sign up for an account.
- Import and upload the videos from your laptop to Dropbox.
- Install the Dropbox app on your iPhone.
- Sign up with the same account.
- Save the videos imported from laptop to iPhone.
In this guide about transferring videos from laptop to iPhone, we have discussed how to move your videos to your iPhone with iTunes. We have also elaborated on the methods followed in the process of doing it without iTunes.
We hope that this guide helped you decide which method works best for you in transferring your videos from laptop to iPhone. Thank you for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can transfer videos from your iPhone to your Chromebook by connecting them using a USB cable. Next, open Files on your Chromebook and choose Apple iPhone from the list of folders on the left side. Now select the videos from your Chromebook that you want to transfer, and save them in the Apple iPhone folder.
To transfer videos from iPhone to Android, connect your Android and iPhone device to the computer via USB cable. Next, make sure both the devices get recognized. Now, open the iTunes app and look for the iPhone button in the top-left pane. Click on File Sharing and select the items to be transferred. Finally, choose the Save option and select the Android folder to save the files.
You can share your videos from your iPhone without losing the quality by opening Google Drive and uploading the videos through the Share option in the menu. Next, type in the recipient’s recipient’s email address and select the Send option.
You can share the videos from iPhone to Android via email. To do this, compress a video to a smaller size. Now Preview the compressed video and make sure everything looks fine and dandy. Next, open your email ID, insert the recipient’s email address, and click the send button.