Apple’s iPhone comes with numerous tricks integrated into its iOS software. One such trick that many iPhone users love to take advantage of is the LED flash which can double as a notification alert. But if you wish to switch off this flash notification as you find it not helpful or annoying, you landed on the right page.
Switching off the flashing light notification on your iPhone is relatively straightforward, and there are two methods you can follow. Let’s get started. Below are the steps to follow.
The simplest method to switch off the flashing light on your iPhone is using Apple’s famous voice command, Siri. To start this process, follow these instructions.
- Say “Hey Siri” to your iPhone to activate it.
- Instruct her to switch off the flashing light by saying, “Siri, switch off my flashing light.” Your flashing light will consequently be turned off.
If the voice command doesn’t activate even after saying “Hey Siri”, don’t worry because you can resolve this quickly. Take a look at these steps.
- Press and hold the Home or Slide button.
- Siri will be activated, and you can command it to turn off the flashing light.
Use Your iPhone’s Settings
Another way you can switch off the flashing light on your iPhone is through the settings. Here are the steps.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Accessibility“ option.
- Scroll down to the “Hearing” section and click on “Audio/Visual“.
- Switch off the “LED Flash for Alerts” by toggling it from right to left.
- Turn off the “Flash on Silent” if it was switched on.
If you no longer want the LED of your iPhone to flash upon getting a call or text, you’ll be happy to hear this is something you can easily disable. This guide has detailed the different methods you can follow to switch off the flashing light on your iPhone. This will also help save your smartphone’s battery which is the dream of every iPhone owner.
Frequently Asked Questions
The LED flash on your iPhone can cleverly notify you about an incoming text or call. This feature comes in handy if you want to maintain good phone etiquette or you’re in a scenario when your phone needs to be silent. This feature is also of great help if you have trouble hearing. Here are the steps to follow to switch on the LED flash.
1. Go to your iPhone’s Settings menu.
2. Swipe down and click on “General“.
3. Go to “Accessibility“.
4. Click on “LED Flash for Alerts” and toggle on the option to activate it.
If you’ve switched on the flash LED and your iPhone isn’t flashing when ringing, this might be caused by different reasons. Here are some.
1. Your iPhone has a glitch.
You can resolve this issue by forcing a restart, but this differs between specific models.
• On the iPhone 7, press and grip the Volume Up + Wake/Sleep buttons simultaneously. Let go of both of them once you see the Apple logo on your smartphone’s screen.
• Press and release the Volume Up button for the iPhone 8 and SE 2nd generation. After that, press and release the Volume Down button and hold the Slide button until you see the Apple logo on your phone’s screen.
• For iPhones using Face ID, you need to press and release the Volume Up button. Subsequently, press and let loose of the Volume Down button. After that, press the Slide button up to the point you see the Apple logo on the screen.
2. Your iPhone’s OS is bugged-out.
A bug in your iPhone can also be why your phone isn’t flashing. To resolve this issue, you need to install the most recent firmware by following these steps: go to Settings > General > Select Software Update > Install.
3. DND Is enabled.
Another reason why the LED light might not be flashing is that the DND is enabled. Here are the steps to resolve this issue efficiently: go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Toggle from green to grey.
4. You have a malfunctioning camera app.
A faulty camera app might also be what’s causing the flashing light not to switch on, and you can resolve this issue by forcing it to close.