Say you are on a private or somber occasion when your phone starts ringing. The flashlight or LED flash starts repeatedly blinking, disturbing others. You regret forgetting to turn it off earlier. The below steps will guide you to turn off your LED flash next time your phone rings.
Steps To Disable Led Flash Alerts for Incoming Calls
The LED flashes can be annoying sometimes while receiving calls. Here is how you can switch it off:
- Click on the “Settings” app.
- Now tap on the “Accessibility” feature.
- Under the “Hearing” section, select “Audio/Visual.”
- Click on the Toggle button for “LED Flash for Alerts” (it should go green to grey).
- You have successfully disabled the LED flash.
Suppose you want to enable the LED flash for call alerts later on?
Simply follow the above steps, and instead of Toggle off, click on the Toggle to enable it. It turns from grey to green. This signals that the alert is now enabled. Your iPhone blinks three times on receiving messages. While ringing, it keeps blinking till the call is picked up.
Lock your iPhone screen beforehand for testing if the flash feature works.
How To Turn Off the Flash on an iPhone?
Maybe you have accidentally turned on your flashlight on your phone while lying in bed. You try everything, but it isn’t turning off. Here are four methods you can try to turn it off.
Method #1: Using Siri
- Call Siri, “Hey Siri!”
- Ask her to turn off her flashlight; you can use the phrase: “Turn off my flashlight.”
Method #2: Using the Control Center
- Wake your phone up by tapping the lock screen.
- Open the control center. Different iPhones have different methods of opening the control center.
- If the flashlight is on, it will be highlighted here. Tap on the icon to switch it off.
Method #3: Using the Camera App
- Wake your phone up by tapping on the locked phone screen.
- Pull the screen slightly left, just like you open the camera app.
- Your phone’s camera flash will turn off automatically.
Method #4: Using a Third-Party Flashlight
- If you are using a third-party app for flashlight, simply scroll through your home screen.
- Find the flashlight application.
- Open the app and toggle the flashlight to turn it off.
Check if you have a separate app installed for the flashlight or if the in-built one has turned on. Then use the correct method from the ones given above to turn it off. If it still doesn’t turn off, it may be an issue with the hardware or phone software. You might have to take it to the Apple store to repair it.
Don’t swipe too hard while switching off the flashlight, as you’ll open your camera.
Manufacturers enable the LED flashes on an iPhone by default. So, if you don’t need unnecessary flashing while using your phone, it is advisable to turn it off. You can use the above methods to disable the flash while your phone rings. There are also ways given above to switch off your camera flash or flashlight. In case it turns on by accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
The flash feature during calls was initially designed for hearing impaired customers. The flash would prevent them from missing texts or calls. Besides, it is now seen as beneficial for all. If your phone goes on silent mode by accident or your speaker gets damaged, this feature comes in handy.
The notification light is the same as the LED light mentioned in the steps above. You can turn on or turn off the notification light using the above steps.
On your iPhone, open the Settings Menu. Now select the ‘Accessibility’ option and tap on ‘Display & Text size.’ Next, toggle the switch off next to the’ Auto Brightness’ option. The color of the toggle changes from green to grey.