Facebook friend suggestion feature allows us to add more friends. This feature can be beneficial when we have a few Facebook friends.
Nevertheless, we sometimes receive irrelevant Facebook friends’ suggestions, or our friends on Facebook can be way too much. As a result, we will need to turn off the friend suggestion feature.
To turn off friend suggestions on Facebook, go to your Settings page and click the notification button. Under the Notification settings, tap “People You May Know” and disable it. This action will turn off your Facebook friend suggestions.
Continue reading below to see more ways to turn off friends’ suggestions on Facebook.
How To Turn Off Friend Suggestions on the Facebook App
You can turn off Facebook friend suggestions on any smartphone app, such as Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and many more.
The information below shows you how to turn off Facebook friends’ suggestions on Androids and Apple smartphone devices.
Choose from the different options based on the smartphone device you have.
Here is how to turn off friend suggestions on the Facebook app on Android.
- Open your Facebook app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Click the Settings icon.
- In the settings menu, tap “Notifications”.
- Under “Notification”, click on “People You May Know”.
- Turn off the “Notification” slider button.
The iPhone Facebook app has a slightly different interface than Facebook for Android. Nevertheless, it’s still the exact items you click, but they are just located in a somewhat different position from the Android app.
- Go to the “Menu” button at the bottom right corner of your iPhone Facebook app.
- Click the “Settings” icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select “Notifications”.
- Click “People You May Know”.
- Toggle off “Allow notifications on Facebook”.
How To Turn Off Facebook Friend Suggestions on PCs
You can also disable friend suggestions on Facebook using your PC’s web browsers.
Here is how to turn off Facebook friends’ suggestions on a Windows, Mac, or any other PC.
- Go to facebook.com on your computer and sign in with your credentials.
- Go to the top-right corner and click the “Menu” icon.
- From the menu list, choose “Settings & Privacy”.
- From there, go to the Privacy settings by clicking “Settings”.
- Go to the left and click on “Notifications”.
- In the Notifications settings, choose “People You May Know”.
- Turn off the “Allow notifications on Facebook” slider.
Any changes you make in the app will appear on the other Facebook versions, like the web version.
Why Do I Keep Getting Facebook Friend Suggestions?
If you haven’t turned off your Facebook friends suggestions, you will keep receiving the notifications. To stop getting Facebook friend suggestions, you must turn them off, as described in this article.
Note that once you turn off your Facebook friends’ suggestions, Facebook will continually show you friends’ suggestions under “People You May Know” when you sign in on the Facebook app or web version.
However, you won’t receive them as pop-up notifications via SMS, email, or on your screen as push notifications.
How Do I Prevent My Profile From Appearing in Friends’ Suggestions?
There is no way to prevent your profile from appearing under the “People You May Know”. However, you can only limit the number of people Facebook exposes to your profile.
According to Facebook, Facebook receives data from your mutual friends, your profile information, your Facebook activity like the groups you are in, or the photos or posts your friends tagged you.
Facebook also collects data from the contacts you or your friends uploaded on Facebook.
Hence, using this information, you can limit the number of people that receive your profile, as Facebook friends suggest.
Here are some ways to limit Facebook friend suggestions.
- Change your Facebook “Who Can Tag Me” settings.
- Don’t allow Facebook access to your contacts.
- Change your profile information, such as school or workplace, to private.
- Turn off friend requests on Facebook.
Receiving multiple friends’ suggestions on Facebook daily is not helpful for many people and causes distractions. Hence, they need to turn it off. Turning off your friends’ suggestions is simple, and it wouldn’t exceed three main steps. These articles have stated the steps. Following the steps provided will correctly guide you to turn off your friend’s suggestions on your Facebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, a friend’s suggestion doesn’t mean someone looked at your profile. They can only look at your profile when they click on it. However, a friend suggestion means someone has seen your Facebook profile photo.
Yes, you can turn off Facebook’s “Friends You May Know” feature.