When you frequently access Facebook, the app’s sounds get stuck in your head sometimes. This gets a bit annoying, and people slowly get sick of them. But you can mute these sounds on your app!
So how do you turn off notification sounds on Facebook? It is easy to turn off Facebook notification sounds on your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
These notifications may sound even during meetings or important university lectures, disturbing the whole class. So it becomes important to mute them. Let us see different methods to do so.
Turn off Facebook Notification Sounds on iPad and iPhone
You can easily turn off the notification sounds on Facebook on your iPhone or iPad by configuring the app. Here is how:
- Go to “Facebook” app on your iPad or iPhone.
- In the lower-right corner, click on the hamburger menu button.
- Now, go to the bottom of your screen and click on the tab “Settings & Privacy” dropdown menu.
- Here, click on “Settings”.
- Next, go to the “Preferences” section and click on the “Media” entry.
- Press the “In-App Sound” toggle option to turn it off and mute the Facebook sounds.
The settings are saved immediately. You can continue using Facebook without the annoying sounds.
Turn off Facebook Notification Sounds on Android Phones or Tablets
Now even Android users can mute the sounds of notifications from messages on Facebook. Just follow the below instructions.
- Open “Facebook” on the Android smartphone or tablet.
- Now in the top-right corner, click the hamburger menu button.
- Next, move to the base/ bottom of your screen.
- Click on the tab “Settings & Privacy”. It will take you to its dropdown list of options.
- Now click on the first option, i.e., “Settings”.
- Here, under “Preferences”, click on “Media”.
- Next, click on “Sounds” in the app option under the “Video and Photo Settings”.
This turns off the sounds in the Facebook app by toggling off the switch next to it.
A good option to stop sounds from automatically playing from the Facebook App videos is to choose the Never Autoplay Videos option and disable the ‘Videos start with sound’ option.
Anybody can easily turn off noisy Facebook notifications, be it on their Apple or Android devices. Simply launch the app and go to the respective Media settings on each device in the App. There is an option to turn off the sounds or stop videos from playing automatically. You now enjoy using the app without the irritating notification sounds from time to time.
Frequently Asked Questions
In your Settings menu, click on the Preferences menu to find the Media entry. Click on it and open the In-App sound switch to turn it off and shut down the sounds playing automatically from Facebook. Additionally, turn off the Autoplay videos option on your Facebook app settings.
Go to the menu button and choose Account settings. Next, go to the Notifications section through the link placed on the left. After this, change the settings for ‘How you get notifications’ and uncheck the ‘Play a sound’ option.
Open up your Facebook app and click on the hamburger menu on the top-right hand of the page. Next, go to the tab Settings & Privacy menu and click on Settings. After this, scroll down to choose ‘Notifications’ and then finally click on Notification Settings to activate the message sounds.