The trending searches feature on most modern browsers is pretty helpful for viewing what’s trending around. These searches are based on currently trending queries by other users. However, if you don’t care about trends, you may want to disable it on your iPhone.
Launch the Chrome browser and tap on your Profile Picture to turn off trending searches on your iPhone. Under Google Services, toggle the “Autocomplete searched and URLs” feature to the OFF position.
We have compiled a step-by-step guide for you to explore how to turn off trending searches on your iPhone using Google Chrome, Safari, and other browsers.
- Why Turn Off Trending Searches on iPhone
- Turning Off Trending Searches on iPhone
- Reporting Google Autocomplete Predictions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Turn Off Trending Searches on iPhone
Disabling trending searches is not something new, and multiple iPhone users often feel the need to do this because of the following reasons.
- Frequent notifications bother you.
- You don’t find the suggestions useful.
- You hate getting suggestions for things.
- They distract you from work.
Turning Off Trending Searches on iPhone
Disabling the latest searches on iPhone doesn’t need a lot of hard work. With our step-to-step guide, this process will become much simpler and more accessible.
We will also explore reporting Google to autocomplete predictions. So without any delay, let’s move toward the three simple methods to turn off trending searches on iPhone.
Method #1: Disabling Trending Searches in Google Chrome
If the default browser on your iPhone is Google Chrome, here is how you can disable the annoying trending searches on it:
- First, go to the Chrome tab on your iPhone and tap to open it.
- Next, tap on your profile picture and select “Google Service”.
- Find “Autocomplete Searches and URLs” and tap on the slider to disable the feature.
- Now, tap on “Done” at the top-right corner to disable trending searches successfully.
You can also use the incognito tab to stop seeing trending searches by tapping on the three dots at the bottom right corner and choosing a new incognito tab.
Method #2: Turning Off Trending Searches in Safari
If you use the Safari browser and want to get rid of the latest searches bothering you time and again, you can do that by following the steps below:
- First, navigate to “Settings” > “Safari” on your iOS device.
- Next, go to Safari Settings.
- Find the “Search Engine Suggestions” option and turn it off.
- You can also disable Safari Suggestions if needed.
Method #3: Disabling Trending Searches on Other Browsers
The Google trending searches can easily be disabled on other browsers. For this, you need to turn them off from the Google website. Here are the steps you need to follow to turn off trending searches on other browsers:
- First, open a browser on your device and go to the Google website.
- Tap on the three dots at the top-left corner.
- Next, go to “Settings”.
- Find “Auto-complete with Trending Searches” and select “Do Not Show Popular Searches” under this section. Now, scroll down to the bottom and select “Save” to disable the searches finally.
Reporting Google Autocomplete Predictions
When it comes to predictions and trending searches, there are many things you can do. If you don’t like seeing a specific prediction, you can stop it by reporting the prediction. Once you report the suggestion, Google may take action and disable it if it violates its terms.
Here is how to report Google to autocomplete predictions:
- When you see the suggestion you want to report, tap on it, long-press, and hold.
- Now, choose the “Report This” option from the window popping up.
- Choose the suitable feedback and tap “Send”.
- You will soon be informed if the suggestion was removed or not.
In this write-up on how to turn off trending suggestions on iPhone, we have explored multiple reasons compelling you to disable these suggestions. We have also looked into disabling the notifications on different browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, and other browsers, and how you can report Google to autocomplete predictions.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and now you don’t have to see these notifications now and then, allowing you to focus on your work.
Frequently Asked Questions
There can be multiple reasons you cannot see your recent search. Navigate to the Google search bar and choose the G icon located in the upper left corner. Tap on the three lines and navigate to “Settings” > “Accounts & Privacy” > “Google activity controls” and > “Web & App Activity”.
If you see Paused, tap on the switch and skim through the pop-up information.
To clear the search bar history on your iPhone, navigate to “Settings” > “Safari” and tap on “Clear History and Website Data”. You can also clear the cookies and keep the history by navigating to “Settings” > “Safari” > “Advanced” > “Website Data”. Then, tap on “Remove All Website Data” to get rid of the cookies.