AirPods are highly praised for being one of the best earbuds in the world. And why wouldn’t they be? After all, they are one of Apple’s finest products, which is why they are expensive too. While the sound quality of all AirPods is exceptional, some users often complain about low bass. And today, we will help you learn how to turn up the bass on AirPods so you can enjoy music to the fullest.
The quickest way to turn up the bass on AirPods is by going to the “Music” option in your iPhone’s Settings and selecting “Increase Bass”. This will increase the bass of all songs you play through your iPhone’s Music app.
Everyone has a different taste in music. Some like light tones, while others prefer hearing songs with high bass. But imagine you spent a good amount of money on AirPods, only to find that the bass is pretty low. Sounds frustrating, right? Well, the issue isn’t mainly linked to the AirPods. Instead, it’s something to do with the settings.
How To Turn Up the Bass on AirPods
Many users don’t know that they can quickly increase the bass of their AirPods through the settings. However, remember that you will need to adjust the settings for individual applications.
Increase the Bass Through the Music Application
iPhone comes with its Music application. This app helps you store your collection and create multiple playlists. However, some of you don’t know that you can adjust different music app settings, including the bass. To do this, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open your iPhone and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap the “Music” option.
- Under the Audio section, tap “EQ”.
- You will find a list of different options, including “Increase Bass”; tap it, and the bass of your AirPods will now increase.
An important thing to remember is that this will only increase the bass of the songs you will play through the Music app. This won’t have any effect on the songs streamed through other applications.
Increase the Bass Through Spotify
If you use Spotify instead of the Music app, you’ll be glad to know that you can increase the app through it as well. This is also a quick process; you get more freedom than the Music app.
- Launch Spotify on your device.
- Go to its Settings.
- Tap “Playback”, and then select “Equalizer”.
- Tap the “Bass Booster” option to turn up the bass of your AirPods.
- If you are someone who knows how the equalizer work, you can adjust it manually by dragging the sliders up or down.
Increase the Sound Quality
Another important thing to do within the Spotify app is to increase the sound quality. Low bass issues on AirPods are sometimes caused by low sound quality in Spotify. Therefore, you need to increase it.
- Open the Spotify application and go to its settings.
- Scroll down and tap the “Audio Quality” option.
- Set the quality to “Very High”.
Once done, the sound quality of all songs will be improved significantly. Furthermore, you will also notice that the bass has increased.
Update Your AirPods
Some AirPods users claim they started facing low bass issues a few months after getting the earbuds. In such cases, you need to update your AirPods. Many people often forget to do this and then complain about facing various issues. To update your AirPods, you need to follow these steps.
- Put your AirPods back into their case.
- Connect your AirPods’ case with the charging cable.
- Bring the device with which the AirPods are connected.
- After a few minutes, the AirPods will automatically start updating if one is available.
After the update is finished, try listening to some songs again. You will hopefully notice that the sound quality, as well as the bass of your AirPods, has increased.
Ensure To Adjust the Balance Slider
After making changes to the settings of individual music applications, make sure you go to the settings to balance the audio slider. To do this, open the Settings application on your iPhone and tap on “Accessibility”. Now, go to “Audio/Visual” and bring the audio slider to the center. This will make sure that the audio is perfectly balanced.
This was how to turn up bass on AirPods. As you can see, both the iPhone’s and Spotify’s default Music app let you increase the bass. However, it is important to remember that the bass is different for every AirPods version. For instance, the bass quality of the AirPods Pro is far better than all of the other AirPods.