If you’re an avid user of the Messenger app, you know there are many benefits to keeping your messages archived. However, there may come a time when you need to unarchive these messages for one reason or another.
To unarchive messages on Messenger, open the Messenger app on your device and tap your profile in the top-left corner of the screen. Scroll down, and under the “Preferences” tab, tap “Archived Chats”. Long-tap the chat and select “Unarchive”.
This article will discuss how to unarchive messages on the Messenger app with simple and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Unarchiving Messages on Facebook Messenger
- How To Unarchive Chats on Facebook
- How To Delete Archived Messages on Messenger
- Frequently Asked Questions
Unarchiving Messages on Facebook Messenger
If you don’t know how to unarchive messages on Messenger, our 2 easy and quick step-by-step methods will help you do this task in no time.
Method #1: Unarchiving Messages by Sending a New Message
To unarchive a conversation in the Messenger app, you can send a new message to the person.
- Launch Messenger.
- Tap the search bar, type the contact’s name, and tap it from the search list. This will fetch the archived conversation.
- Type a new message and tap the “Send” icon.
Your conversation will be unarchived and moved to the primary Messenger inbox.
Method #2: Unarchiving Messages From the Archived Chats Folder
You can also unarchive a conversation from the “Archived Chats” folder on your Android or iOS device by accessing your profile menu in the following way.
- Launch the Messenger app on your iPhone or Android device and tap your profile.
- Scroll down and tap “Archived Chats” under the “Preferences” header.
- Long-tap the conversation and tap “Unarchive”.
Unarchiving messages in Messenger app on iPhone follows similar methods. However, the exact steps might differ slightly.
If you are using the Messenger desktop app, follow these instructions.
- Launch the Messenger app on your desktop.
- Click your profile in the top-left corner of the screen and select the “Archived Chats” option.
- Select the three dots next to the conversation.
- Click “Unarchive Chat” to bring the messages to the primary inbox.
How To Unarchive Chats on Facebook
To unarchive a chat on Facebook, follow these simple steps.
- Open a browser on your PC and go to Facebook.
- Click the “Messages” icon from the top pane and select “Show All in Messenger”.
- On the next page, click the three dots at the top-left side of the screen.
- Click the “Archived Chats” option and head to the chat.
- Click the three dots and select “Unarchive Chat” to remove the message from the list.
How To Delete Archived Messages on Messenger
If you want to delete archived messages on your Messenger app, follow the methods mentioned below.
Method #1: Deleting Archived Messages Using the Search Bar
You can delete archived messages in the following way.
- Open the Messenger app on your device and tap the search bar.
- Type the person’s name and select it from the search list.
- In the chat, tap the info (“i”) icon and click the three dots.
- Tap “Delete Conversation” to erase the archived chat.
Method #2: Deleting Archived Messages From the Archived Chats Folder
Follow these instructions to delete archived messages from the “Archive Chats” folder.
- Launch the Messenger app and tap your profile avatar.
- Scroll down and tap “Archived Chats”.
- Long-tap the chat and select the “Delete” option to erase the archived messages.
In this article, we’ve explored how to unarchive messages on the Messenger app on your device with simple step-by-step instructions. We also discussed steps for archiving chats on Facebook and how you can delete the archived chats.
Hopefully, you can now get your conversations to show back up on your Messenger without any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Archiving a message on Messenger moves it out of your inbox and into the “Archived Chats” folder. You can still see archived messages, but they’re in a different section of the app.
To unignore a message on Messenger, go to the Messenger app on your device and tap your profile option. Tap “Messages Requests” and go to the “Spam” tab. Select the chat and start a conversation to move the contact to the primary inbox.
If you have sent a message on Messenger and want to remove or undo it for the receiver, open the chat on Messenger. Tap and hold the text and select “Unsend”. Choose “Unsend for You” or “Unsend for Everyone”, and it will be erased.
When you archive a message, you store it away from sight. This can be useful if you want to declutter your inbox but keep the chat around in case you need it later.
Archived messages are usually stored in a separate folder from your regular inbox and can be accessed anytime.